⚡️NINE.

━━━birthday girl!

BIRDIE POTTER HADN't woken up the way she had for years, instead of Lorelei jumping on her bed while screaming 'Get up headass' she got Bianca who gave her a hug wishing her a 'Happy Birthday', if you didn't know them you might think that the latt...

BIRDIE POTTER HADN't woken up the way she had for years, instead of Lorelei jumping on her bed while screaming 'Get up headass' she got Bianca who gave her a hug wishing her a 'Happy Birthday', if you didn't know them you might think that the latter way of waking up was better, but to Birdie it wasn't. She just missed her best friend.

Birdie opened her trunk with a smile on her face, excited that she could finally open the present Lorelei gave her with a lock that would open on 23rd September and 23rd September only, but first she obviously had to dress up, she took out the pink dress she'd bought last year with her own money. She remembers working at the bloody cafe for so long and then buying the dress she had been eyeing for months, it was super satisfying.

Birdie took a shower and then stared at her hair that seemed to look a bit curly today, she sighed and then just left it as it is, knowing she wouldn't be able to fix it. Damn those Potter genes. She felt a rush of excitement spread through her body as she put on the dress, it made her question whether her main personality trait was just buying dresses. Birdie put on some tights and ballet flats, she made her way back to common room where everything seemed to be dark for some reason.

It took a second for her eyes to adjust because almost all of the lights were off, but the second she entered the room - the lights turned on, balloons were everywhere and almost every Hufflepuff yelled out, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIRDIE!" Birdie jumped as an instinct, her hands went flying as she grabbed her wand but then she realized it was almost the whole Hufflepuff house wishing her a happy birthday.

"Aw" Birdie said engulfing Cedric into a hug as he wished her a happy birthday, "Did you plan this all, Ced?"

"Yes" Cedric chuckled, "But believe it or not it didn't take much convincing for them to do this — in fact they suggested this surprise part themselves"

"What the fuck?" She said her eyes softening completely and a huge smile forming on her face, "That's so nice"

"Yeah, well, we're all Hufflepuffs here, niceness is expected" Cedric joked and Birdie beamed at him.