Reunited Part 1

Liliana's pov

"Jackson, are you sure that you're okay?" I asked as we sat in the back of the car while a driver drove us to the airport. We are flying out to Montana to one of the Avery hospitals to perform surgery on a ped's patient who needs a throat transplant after suffering from throat cancer. Jackson and I are both certified ENT's so we are working on the case together. I was excited for this case, because I felt like it would be good for us to get away from Seattle for a couple of days and escape all of the drama at the hospital.

"Yes, would you stop asking me that?" He huffed staring out the window.

"You've been sitting here pretty much mute and frowning the whole car ride. You're not fine. If there's an issue just say something." I sighed already frustrated at this point. I don't know what is up with Jackson, but it seems like he's been in a terrible mood since the idea of flying to Montana came up. I know we had a disagreement a couple of days ago, but nothing big enough for him to treat me the way that he is.

"There's not an issue. Can you just let it go." He said raising his voice.

"Fine." I shrugged. We rode in awkward silence for the rest of the car ride before arriving to the airport to board the Avery private plane.

"The plane is nice, why do we barely ever take it?" I asked, trying to break the ice as we took our seats.

"Because you hate planes." Jackson pointed out.

"Yeah, you're right." I sighed as I relaxed in my seat. I'm still not comfortable in regards to flying, I don't think I ever will be, but I've learned to handle it well over the years. I still get nervous and grip my seat like my life depends on, but I have this theory that I made it through one plane crash and the universe wouldn't put me through another one. Even though that wasn't guaranteed, thinking that way made me feel better.

The flight attendant walked out offering us a glass of champagne.

"Thank you." I smiled getting ready to grab it before Jackson stopped me.

"That's not a good idea. We are going straight to the hospital." Jackson said.

"Fine." I huffed. "Can I just get a club soda, please?"

"Same for me." Jackson said.

"Sure." The flight attendant smiled before walking away to get our drinks leaving us in silence.

"So are you just not going to talk to me the whole plane ride?" I asked as we sat on the plane after take off.

"Lily, this is a big surgery. I'm trying to research more for our treatment plan." He sighed running his hands down his face.

"I understand that, but we are still on a trip without our child. How often does that happen. We should at least enjoy each other's company."

"This isn't a vacation. This is work." He frowned.

"Obviously, I know that Jackson." I sighed.

"Well can you act like it." He said making me glare at him. I was trying my best not to snap, but I could tell this was going to be a long trip. I didn't know how much longer I could handle his attitude.
After what seemed like forever we finally made it to Montana and went straight to the Avery Medical Center.

"Welcome, welcome. Here are your charts, Dr. Avery and Dr. Garcia." One of the doctors from the center said handing us the charts as he greeted us. We read through the patients charts as we walked through the hallway.

"A patient and a donor. Two of them here together, same time, same day, perfect match. It's like winning the lottery." The doctor sighed happily.

"If you consider a kid being brain dead and having his organs donated a lottery ticket, then yeah." I frowned looking down at my chart making Jackson side eye me. I had a love hate relationship with most transplant surgeries. Someone was receiving the chance to live again while someone else was dead.