Can We Talk?

Liliana's pov

After giving Frankie heparin Alex and I left the room for a little while to give his body the time to process the medicine.

"Oh my God. Why is it so freaking hot in here?" I frowned taking off my medical coat as I stood by the desk.

"Hackers hacked the thermostat," Alex grumbled.

"Great," I said leaning against the front desk. "This is the day from hell," I complained leaning against the front desk.

"I know. Every time I think things can't get worse, they do." He said.

"I'm going to go get some water. We can check back in on Frankie in about 15 minutes." I said before going to the attending's lounge.

The 15 minutes passed fast and I meant Alex back at Frankie's room. His condition was still the same and not improving at all.

"Ow," Frankie complained laying in his hospital bed as his mom caressed his face.

"His left arm is tingling, and he's seeing stars. His head is killing him." His mom said.

"When did it start?" Alex asked.

"5 to 10 minutes." The intern said.

"It seems to be getting worse." His mom said before Alex and I stepped aside to the door.

"The heparin should have helped by now. I think I made the wrong call." Alex said as Jo walked over to us.

"Wait. Heparin? No. I texted. They didn't reverse him. Oh my God." Jo sighed.

"Dammit. We can't access the reversal agent." Alex said. "Prep him to move." He said as we walked over to Frankie's bed.

"What is it? What's wrong?" His mom asked.

"Frankie's AVM might be bleeding. We've got to get him to the OR now," I said as we began to move him.

"But the medicine you gave him was supposed to help." His mom said.

"I'm sorry. We need to go." Alex said before we rushed to the O.R. I went to do an angio on Frankie while Alex got prepared for the surgery. The angio showed that Frankie's AVM was bleeding and I would need to open him up.

"Intern, what's your name?" Alex asked as he entered the scrub room.

"Helm. Like Hellmouth without the outh." She said.

"Don't scrub. I need you to find Dr. Wilson and bring her here.

"You want me to call her?"

"No. I want you to find her and bring her here. And don't leave her side." He said sternly.

"Why?" The intern asked curiously.

"Just do it!" He said causing the intern to hurry out of the room.

"What's going on?" I frowned.

"Jo's husband. He's here." He said. I haven't heard anything about Jo's abusive ex since Alex went to find him at the medical conference a few weeks ago. The last thing I expected was for him to be at this hospital.

"What? Why?"

"I don't know. I just saw him scrubbing in for surgery."

"Scrubbing in? He shouldn't even be here let alone be operating." I shook my head. "Do you need to go? I can handle this surgery."

"No, I'm Frankie's doctor. I gave him the heparin. I need to be here."

"Okay." I sighed.

We finished scrubbing in before entering the O.R.