Quality Time

I just want to start this chapter by apologizing for not updating in so long. Honestly life has just been busy and I have been going through a lot emotionally so I just haven't had the motivation to write, but I promise I'm going to try to do better!

Liliana's pov

"Little girl, you're supposed to be taking a nap." I sighed as I bent over to pick Isabella up out of her crib. I have been trying to get her on a good sleep schedule, but she has a mind of her own and there's no getting her to go to sleep unless she feels like it. She instantly stopped whining as soon as I picked her up making me chuckle. "You're so spoiled." I shook my head kissing her face.

"I wonder who's fault that is?" Jackson chuckled walking into the nursery.

"What are you trying to say Avery?"

"That you're constantly holding her and that's why she always wants someone to pick her up as soon as she wakes up."

"Tell your daddy to stop hating and let us be great." I said to Isabella making Jackson laugh. I took her into our room with us since she was wide awake and didn't seem to be going back to sleep anytime soon.

"I can't believe she's already about to start daycare?" Jackson said as he got into beside us.

"I know. She's getting big so fast." I said as I played with her little hands. Isabella is officially 3 months old so she's starting daycare this upcoming week and I'll be returning to work. "I wonder how she's going to adjust to being in daycare."

"I don't think she'll have trouble with it. Of course it's going to take some getting used to, but I think she'll like it."

"Do you still want to take her there on her first day?" I asked.

"Yeah. I think that's best because if you take her you'll probably end up taking her back home the first time she looks like she's going to cry." He shook his head making me side eye him. "You know I'm not lying. She has you wrapped around her finger."

"We both know you spoil her too." I said.

"You're right." He chuckled .

"We can't help it. She's just so adorable." I said as I looked at her.

"We did make a perfect little girl." He smiled. "My moms going to be back in town for a couple of days tomorrow. She wanted to see if she can keep Isabella tomorrow night."

"I don't know Jackson. I'm really trying to spend as much time with her as I can before I start back working since I won't get to be at home with her as much."

"It's only one night and I'm trying to spend some one on one time with you." He smirked.

"I guess one night won't hurt." I smiled . It's definitely an adjustment making time for your significant other after you have a baby because of course your child is your first priority but Jackson and I were definitely doing everything we can to give each other the attention we needed and make time for each other. He leaned over to give me a kiss which made Isabella begin babbling trying to fuss at him. She definitely loves her attention and when ever she feels like someone is taking her attention away she is not happy and she makes that known especially now that she knows how to babble.

"Daddy can't get any love?" Jackson chuckled. Isabella just looked at him frowning before laying her head on my chest.

"She's so mean at times." I chuckled as I rubbed her back.

"She gets that from you." He shook his head.

"I don't know what you're talking about I'm an angel." I smiled.

"Okay." He said even though it was obvious he didn't believe me. I started rocking Isabella until she eventually finally dozed off and fell asleep. I took her back to her nursery and gently laid her into her crib before returning to the bedroom.

"I'm so happy you're off today. I feel like we haven't had a whole day together in awhile." I said as I collapsed in bed beside him.

"I know. It has been a minute." He sighed pulling me closer to him as I snuggled up to him laying my head on his chest.

"We're going to be so busy once I start back working too."

"Yeah it's definitely going to be different having a child while both of us work but we'll adjust."

"Yeah we've done a pretty good job so far."

"Yes we have." He smiled giving me kiss.

"You know it's still crazy to me that we're actually a married couple with a child now." I said.

"I know. We're getting old." he chuckled.

"Speak for yourself." I laughed as well.

"But you're right it is crazy when you think about everything. We've worked hard to get to this point." He said.

"We definitely have. I guess it's true when they say nothing worth while comes easy."

"Yeah, you've got that right."

"Seeing where we're at now just makes me that much more curious about what our future is going to be like." I sighed

"Me too, but I don't think I could ask for much more. We have a beautiful family, you're head of neuro, I'm head of plastics. I don't really think I could ask for much more except for adding a couple more kids to the family of course." He said.

"A couple?" I questioned

"Yeah. At least two more."

"I hate to break to you Avery but the most you're getting out of me is one more if that. I'm actually pretty content with just having Isabella." I admitted.

"Don't get me wrong, so am I but we don't want her to grow up as an only child."

"You and I grew up as the only children in our homes and we turned out pretty good."

"You're right but you have to admit life would've been a lot more interesting growing up with at least one sibling."

"True. I mean I don't know what it's like to grow up with other kids in the house, but as an adult Derek was what I pictured having a brother would be like and it was pretty nice." I smiled at the thought of Derek. I know that he's always with me, but that still doesn't change the fact that I'll always miss actually having him alive and physically being able to see him and talk to him.

"I know that you still miss him."

"Yeah, everyday. Now that we have Isabella I think it's makes it hit me even harder at times that he's not here because I realize he isn't going to get to meet her and that she isn't going to grow up with him in her life." I sighed.

"Yeah, he would've loved her."

"He would've." I nodded.

"Even though he's not here he left behind three pieces of him that Isabella is going to get to grow up with and you're going to be around to tell them stories about him and make sure he lives on through memory."

"You're right." I agreed. "Thank you."

"For what?" He asked

"For still being here for me after all these years. That's one thing that's never changed through everything."

"It never will." He said placing a kiss on my forehead.

Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment!