Are you happy?

Liliana's pov

"Jackson, are you almost ready? We need to be out of the door in 5 minutes!" I yelled from Isabella's room as I got her ready.

"Okay!" He yelled back from our bedroom.

"I'm not playing. I have a consult as soon as I get into work this morning. I need to be on time."

I love my husband, but sometimes I felt like I was dealing with another child when it came to time management. I could get myself and Isabella ready and still be done before him.

"I know." He grumbled obviously irritated.

"Little girl, stop moving," I said as I tried to put on Isabella's clothes while she moved around, clearly entertained by giving me hard time. I couldn't help but chuckle. She was so young, but she already had so much personality. I never had a dull moment being her mother. Once I finished getting her ready I picked her up and grabbed her things before going to my bedroom.

"Jackson, if you're not out to the car by the time I get Isabella into her car seat, you're going to have to drive yourself," I said.

"I'm coming." He huffed.

"Whatever you say." I sighed walking away to put Isabella into the car.

"Your daddy can't ever be time punctual can he?" I said talking to her as I got her buckled up. She just kept babbling to me like she knew what I was talking about. Jackson made it out as I was finishing and we left for work. After dropping Isabella off at daycare I went to the locker room to get dressed in my scrubs.

I went to my consult before grabbing some coffee and going to the lounge.

"Look who's finally back," I smirked seeing Mer sitting with Alex. Mer was out for a little while, but after speaking with Richard she decided to return to her job as the Chief of General surgery, even though she still wasn't happy about Minnick being there. I think she made the right decision. There was no reason a surgeon like her, should be sitting at home wasting her talent. Her patients need her.

"Yes, thank God. I thought that I was going to die of boredom." She said making me chuckle.

"Morning." Kepner smiled cheerfully entering the lounge.

"Morning," Meredith said sending her a fake smile as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Good to have you back," April said.

"Thank you," Meredith replied. It was so obvious that Meredith was being passive-aggressive, which I expected but I felt like she should be more upset with Bailey than April. Bailey is the one who decided to suspend her.

"So when I was Chief..." April began to say.

"Interim chief." Meredith reminded her.

"I took the liberty of catching you up on all your backlogged resident reports, department budgets, supply orders, so.." April said as she handed Meredith a folder.

"I was going to do that." Meredith smiled.

"Of course you were. I just figured you know the same way you fill the tank with gas when you return someone's car..."

"You stole the car," Meredith said making Alex and I glance at each other because of the awkwardness.

"You're welcome," Kepner said leaving the room just as Riggs was entering.

"I have a consult." I chuckled, entertained by the exchange that just took place.

-

After consulting with my patient I met Jackson, Meredith, Arizona, and Maggie upstairs so that we could discuss how we needed to handle the Minnick situation. I was tired of the whole thing, but Jackson was still extremely fired up about it and I knew he wouldn't let it go. I understood why he was upset with his mother's decision, but he's become so intense and infatuated with the situation that I was starting to feel like maybe he needed to remove himself from it.