Turn Coat

Liliana's pov

"How long have you been up?" Jackson asked groggily rubbing his eyes as he walked into Isabella's nursery where I sat in a rocking chair holding her.

"I lost track." I said groggily as I gently adjusted in the chair, careful not to wake her. She was so fussy through the night. I could tell that she was starting to teeth because of how much she was drooling and trying to chew on everything, so of course she was irritable. I spent pretty much the whole night rocking her and trying to soothe her.

"What time is it?" I asked closing my heavy eyelids while still listening.

"4:30." He said.

"Crap." I sighed before opening my eyes. I have an early surgery this morning so I needed to leave the house earlier than usual.

"I don't want to leave her while she doesn't feel good." I sighed looking down at Isabella who laid on my chest sound asleep while gripping my shirt.

"Baby, she's teething. She's going to be okay." He assured me walking over me. "I'm going to be here with her until 7 than my moms keeping her for the day. You know that she's going to take good care of her until we get off."

"I know." I sighed knowing that I had no choice, but to get up because I have a tumor removal surgery this morning. I slowly stood up trying my best not to wake her, but as soon as I unlatched her hand from my shirt, she woke up. Normally she was pretty calm when she woke up as long as someone was paying her attention, but since her mouth was hurting because she was teething she automatically began whining. Jackson took her from me and began trying to soothe her while I went to the the room to take a shower and get dressed. Once I finished I went to grab everything that Catherine would need while she kept Isabella today.

"My poor baby." I said walking into the nursery where Jackson was walking around trying to get her to calm down. "Let her chew on this. It'll keep her from putting her hands in her mouth so much." I said handing Jackson her teething ring.

"Thanks." He said.

"I pumped some milk. It's in the refrigerator. I put her some baby food in there too. Cold food will help her mouth feel better. She's drooling a lot, so make sure to tell Catherine to keep wiping her mouth so that she won't get a rash. If she gets a fever, she needs to call her pediatrician, and..." I said before Jackson stopped me.

"Baby, everything is handled. My mom is going to take good care of her." He chuckled.

"I know." I sighed caressing Isabella's face as she laid on Jackson's chest sniffling.

"Mommy's gonna be back as soon as she can. I love you." I said to her kissing her on the cheek.

"I'll see you at work. I love you." I told Jackson before rushing out of the room, quickly grabbing my work bag and keys before leaving. My body was exhausted and even though it was early, I was already counting down the time until I got off of work. 

- -

"Keep a check on his post-ops and page me as soon as he wakes up." I instructed Edwards as we walked out of my patients room after surgery.

"Okay." She nodded before I walked away. After six hours, I successfully completed my tumor removal surgery. All I wanted was a cup of coffee and to get off of my feet. I walked to the lounge where Maggie, Richard, Arizona, and Jackson were at discussing everything that is going on at the hospital.

"Did April say anything? Like why she jumped ship?" Richard asked looking at Jackson as he stood at the counter. Since Meredith was suspended, it was announced that April would temporarily be taking her spot as interim Chief of General Surgery.