Hard Decisions

Jackson's pov

"Arizona, I need you to be honest with me. How bad is this?" I ask her as she gets scrubbed in, preparing to start the c section. I was scared out of my mind even though I was trying my best to hide it in front of Liliana knowing this has to be even scarier for her.

"It's not good, but it could be worse. The main concern for the baby is that the placenta is what provides oxygen so it isn't getting the oxygen it needs right now. My main concern for Liliana is bleeding. Whenever the placenta separates it causes bleeding, which is visible most of the time, but sometimes the blood gets trapped inside of the uterus and its internal which is Liliana's case. I won't know exactly how bad she's bleeding until I open her up, but the fact that she's alert and awake is a good sign." She said trying to give me some sense of reassurance.

"Okay. I just need you to promise me something. I need you to promise that you're going to get them through this. I need you to take care of both of them."

"I will, I promise." She nodded. "Now go be with Liliana, she needs you right now."

"Okay." I nodded. I took a deep breath before walking into the O.R. where Lily was getting prepped.

"Jackson, I'm scared." She sighed as I sat by her side by the operating table. Looking at her I could see the fear in her eyes. She looked so vulnerable. I knew that it was taking everything in her to remain calm right now.

"Everything's going to be okay sweetheart. You're so strong." I assured her caressing her face.

"I'm not worried about me. I just care about the baby. We've been through to much to lose this baby. We can't go through that again...we can't." She sniffles as tears began sliding down her face.

"We won't. Arizona is the best at what she does. We both know it, that's why we chose her, right?" I said as I wipe her tears away even though they just continued flowing down her face.

"Right." She nodded

"Okay, so don't worry. I'm going to be right here the whole time."

"Okay." She nodded. "Jackson, I need you to promise me something."

"Of course, anything."

"If Arizona opens me up and she can't control the bleeding..."

"Lily, don't." I say stopping her. I knew where she was going and she didn't need to think like that.

"No, Jackson I need you to listen. If Arizona begins operating and something goes wrong and I don't make it out of this I need you to move on and be happy again, because you deserve it. You deserve to have love, I don't ever want you to be alone and our child needs to grow up in a house filled with happiness. I need you to promise that you're not going to turn dark and twisty no matter what happens today." She said looking me in the eyes. I looked down blinking back the tears that threatened to fall from my eyes. I knew right now wasn't the time for me to break, no matter how scared I was. I needed to be strong.

"Lily, you are going to be okay. Our child is going to grow up in a house full of love and happiness, because it's going to grow up with us as its parents. We are going to get to raise our baby together and I don't want you to think any differently." I said leaving no room for debate.

"Okay." She nodded. I caressed her face before giving her a kiss.

"I love you." I said.