Wrong Venue, Right Time

Liliana's pov

"Lily...Lily." I could hear Jackson calling as he gently shook me, waking me out of my sleep.

"What? What time is it?" I grumbled groggily sitting up.

"Time to wake up." He chuckled making me side eye him. "I'm sorry, I had too. But we really do need to start getting ready."

Today is a big day. Alex and Jo are getting married. With everything going on with the Avery foundation and the hospital, Jackson and I have been a little distracted, but today was all about Alex and Jo, and making sure their day was perfect.

"Mmm." I groaned rubbing my eyes.

"You still tired?" He chuckled.

"Yes, I feel like we've been so busy lately we haven't gotten any rest." I grumbled as I lazily rested my chin in the palm of my hand.

"I know. Hopefully things can go back to normal soon." He said sitting on the bed beside me.

"Do you think that's even possible? For things to go back to normal?" I questioned looking over at him. Even though everything was starting to calm down, the lawsuits and slander that have happened over the last few months has changed us, especially Jackson since he's the main one who's had to deal with the ramifications.

"Probably not." He shook his head, disappointment clear in his voice. It honestly hurt to see all the stress Jackson has had to deal with due to his grandfather's actions. He didn't deserve this, but all we can do is move forward and continue to rebrand the foundation and the Avery name.
- -
A short while later I got up and we both started getting ready. The babysitter had Isabella today so for the first time in forever I had the time to curl my hair and do makeup. It honestly felt amazing. I got dressed and decided to wear a fitted pink dress with nude heels. I felt that went well with the spring theme that Kepner is aiming for, for the wedding.

"You look beautiful Mrs. Avery." Jackson smiled as he stood behind me wrapping his arms around my waist and gently tracing kisses down the side of my face and neck.

It's amazing that Jackson and I have been together for years now, but a simple touch from him still sent chills down my spine. I still loved him just as much, actually more than the day I married him. I'm a lucky girl.

"Don't get carried away. We have somewhere to be." I chuckled before turning around to face him. "You look really handsome yourself Avery." I smiled caressing his face before he gave me a kiss.
- -
"Wow, there are a lot of people here." I said as I glanced around the church.

"Yeah, I guess Karev and Wilson have a lot of friends we don't know about," he nodded as we took a seat beside Catherine and Richard.

"I haven't been in a church in so long." I said as I glanced around.

"Tell me about it." He agreed.

"Looks like the wedding's starting." I said as I heard the music start. We all turned our attention to the entrance as the bridal party began entering the church.

Everyone glanced at each other in confusment because we didn't recognize anyone walking down the aisle.

"Who the hell are all these people?" I frowned.

"I don't know, but April just text me asking where everyone is." He shook his head frowning at his phone.

"What does she mean? We're here." I sighed.

"I know, that's what I replied." The bridal music begins playing so we all stand up assuming we're about to see Jo walking down the aisle, but to our surprise there's a bride but it isn't Jo.