The Good Old Days

I walk a couple of flights of stairs, looking around at everything.

Memories come flying back. The time Allison and I were playing tag and we broke fathers' vase. The time that I found Klaus crying and scared by the ghosts. Five and I, sneaking out. The times I miss.

I walk past Fives room and stop next to the wall a couple of feet from his door.

Five comes out of his room, seeing me stare at the wall.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

I don't bother answering his question and grab the ax that was on the wall for decoration. Then, I plug it into the wall.

"What the hell!" Five yells then grabs my wrist to prevent me from doing it again.

"Relax." I simply say, shaking off his grip. 

I plug the ax into the wall over and over again until the opening is big enough for me to put both my hands through and pull apart the wall.

Finally, after a couple of minutes, the opening is big enough for me to walk through. I step through and stare at the dark wooden door.

"How did you know this was here?" Five asked

"Because it was my room," I say, staring blankly at the door.

I put my hand on the handle, lingering for a moment. I was preparing myself for all the memories that will come with opening this door.

I breathe in, then out. I twist the handle, then push the door open.

I look around, taking in the room I haven't seen in ages. The grey walls, the dark wooden furniture, and the big bay window right above my bed. Books were scattered around my room from my floor to ceiling bookshelves.

Five walks in after me, examing the room.

"How is this here?" He says.

"The same way your room is there. Mine was just blocked off and left to be forgotten." I sigh.

Just as expected, memories from many years come flooding back.

19 YEARS AGO

"This is so stupid!" I mutter. Math was defiantly not my subject.

I am sitting at my desk, trying to figure out a math paper due tomorrow. Father will not be happy if it is not completed.

I groan, tired. It's almost one in the morning. I have been working on this paper for hours.

Suddenly, Five appears sitting on my bed.

I yelp, not expecting him to be there. He smiles.

"What the hell Five! Ever heard of knocking?" I ask.

"Hm. I haven't. Too bad." He says. I roll my eyes.

"So what's up?" I ask, turning back to my paper.

"I was bored and I knew you were still up. Whatcha working on?" He says, jumping next to me.

"Math. I just...don't understand it!" I say, slamming my pencil down.

"You're still working on that? I finished it the day it was given," he says.

"Well, we all can't be a smartass, can we?" I say.

"What a shame." He laughs, grabbing my paper.

"So, which ones are you struggling with?" 

I look at Five for a moment, confused as to why he was helping me.

"Uh, like, all of them?" I say. He chuckles.