Equations

Five quickly writes this so-called note, then grabs my hand and jumps to the car.

"What does the note say?" I ask, trying to grab it from him.

"Relax." he simply says, then starts to drive. 

We park outside a little hotel, and Five gets out of the car.

"Stay here. I'm just going to slip the note under the door and come right back."

"Alright," I say, crossing my arms.

Five disappears out of thin air and after a second then pops right back into the driver seats.

We drive home and Five runs upstairs.

"Hey!" I shout, running after him.

I reach his room to find him starting to use chalk on the wall.

"You can stay, just don't be annoying and no questions," he says.

"Alright, fine." 

I fall purposely onto his bed and grab a book laying on his bedside table and start reading it.

After an hour or so, Five finally talks.

"I think I got something..." he mumbled.

I sit up.

"Hm?"

Suddenly, a light tap comes from the door. I turn to see Luther.

"What is all this?" He asks, looking around all the walls at the written equations.

"A probability map." Five responds.

" A probability map to what?" 

"Of whos death could save the world." I yawn.

Luther points to the spot where Five is currently writing.

"I have narrowed it down to four." Five said proudly.

"Are you saying one of these four people causes the end of the world?" Luther asks. 

"No, but their death might  prevent it." Five says, getting unpatient.

Luther looks closely.

"I'm not following." 

I sigh.

"Time is fragile. The slightest alternation of events can result in a massively different outcome in the time continum." I explain. "The butterfly effect."

"All we have to do," Five goes on. "Is find the people with the highest probability of disrupting the timeline and kill them."

Five walks across the room and grabs Vanya's book filled with his notes.

Luther walks over to the wall with the names.

"Milton Green...what is he, a terrorist or something?" Luther asks.

"I believe he's a gardener..." Five says as he writes some notes.

What? You can't be serious." Luther says, looking between Five and I.

"This is madness Five!"

Five ignores Luther and pulls a bag from under his bed and plops it down next to me.

"Wha- Where did you get that?" Luther asks.

"Dad's room. Pretty sure he used it to shoot a rhinoceros. Similar to the model I used at work." Five explained as he unzipped the bag and help up the gun. "Nice shoulder fit."

"You can't just kill him, this guy Milton is just an innocent man!" Luther argues.

"It's simple math! This death could potentially save the lives of billions of people!" I snap. "If we did nothing he'd be dead in four days anyway."

"We don't do this kind of thing," Luther says.

"We are not doing anything. Y/N and I am." Five says.

"I can't let you go kill innocent people no matter how many lives you'll save." Luther's voice raies.

"Yeah? Well, good luck stopping us." I say as I get off the bed.

Five starts to walk out of the room.

"You're not going anywhere." Luther snaps, then he grabs Delores off the chair next to the window.

Five whips around and sees Luther holding Delores out the window.

"Put. Her. Down." Five aims the gun at Luther.

"Woahwoahwoah Five relax!" I say, quickly.

"Put the gun down. You aren't killing anyone today." Luther says. "I know she's important to you so don't make me do this. It's either her or the gun...You decide."

Five hesitates, grinding his teeth together.

Luther suddenly lets go of the neck of the doll, causing Five to drop the fun and jump to catch her.

Luther quickly walks over and grabs the gun off the floor.

"I can keep doing this all day," he says. Five gives him a look of hate, then sits down on the bed with the mannequin in his arms, his forehead to hers.

"Look Five, I know you're still a good person. Otherwise, you wouldn't have risked everything to come back here and save us. But you're not on your own anymore..." Luther walks toward Five a little.

Five sighs, not saying anything for a moment. Then,

"There is one way..."

Just wanted to say thanks for 500 reads!!! Also, how do we like the new cover? 

~A.lex~