In The Van

As I feel the sun hit my face, I start to sir awake. My face still feels sticky from the salty tears of last night.

I get up and change into a fresh new Umbrella Academy uniform.

No more crying from now on, I told myself. 

I walked down the hall and looked into Five's room. He was shirtless, sitting on his bed. He was looking at a wound on his arm. From last night, I assume. 

I stop for a moment.

"Like what you see?" Five says, then looks at me. I scoff, then walk in.

"Is it from last night?" I ask.

He nods. 

I sit down next to him. I see a needle in his hand with some thread.

"Let me do it," I say, holding out my hand.

"No, I got it," he says.

I lightly poke his wound.

"Ow! What the hell!" He yelled. I grabbed the items out of his hand.

"Stop moving or I'll do it again," I say calmly. He huffs.

I clean the wound with some rubbing alcohol and hear him hiss as I do so. Then, I start sticking the needle in and out of his skin. He cringes the whole time.

"Sorry..." I mudder. 

I grab a band-aid with some little cars on it and put it on the wound so it won't get infected.

"There." I stand up and go to leave, but Five grabs my wrist.

"What about you?" He asks. I remember the cut on my neck.

"I'll be fine," I say. But he doesn't take that for an answer.

He pulls my arm, causing me to fall on top of him on his bed. I feel my face become red.

Fives face is only inches away from mine. My hands on his bare chest.

"I-um..." I quickly push of him, sitting up beside him. Five sits up as well but doesn't say anything. He just grabs my chin, forcing me to look up. 

Five cleans the cut, and I hiss as the alcohol hits my wound. He blows on it to make it more bearable. Finally, he puts some ointment on it.

"Thank you," I say. Five nods.

He gets up and slowly puts his shirt back on.

"I'm going back to figure more out about that eye. Do you want to come?" he asks as he is putting on his tie.

"Sure." I get up off the bed and smooth out my skirt.

He walks across the room and zips up an army green duffle bag, putting it on his shoulders like a backpack.

"Alright, let's go." Five opens up his bedroom window and steps out. I remember there is a fire escape there. 

I follow him, climbing down the ladder. I hear Klaus and look down to see him searching through the dumpster.

"I'd ask what you're up to Klaus but it has occurred to me. I don't care." Five says as he jumps off the ladder, skipping the last few steps.

"You know there are easier ways out of the house buddy." Klaus looked up at us.

"This one involved the least amount of talking. Or so I thought." Five shoves his hands into his pocket. I finally reach the ground and start walking away. Five follows.

"Hey hey hey! Do you guys need any company today? Klaus asks, pulling a flask from his pocket.

"I could clear my schedule!" he takes a sip of a liquid which I assume is some sort of achohal.