Old Bench

BACK TO Y/N POV

As I fly away from the academy, I think about the way Five seemed concerned. It warmed my heart a bit, and I smile. 

I guess I fell asleep in the car while Five went inside to find out who the eye belonged to. I woke up when he came back into the car, and I guess by the way he looked that it did not go well. 

I pretend that I was still sleeping, and felt his eyes on me. I wondered what he was thinking.

I take a deep breath and pick a place I want to go to. 

I fly to the park, dropping slowly to the ground. 

Looking around, memories once again come rushing back.

I walk around, trying to find the bench that Five and I used to sit on every time we came here. Then, I see it.

The old wood and rusted bolts. The metal handles on the side with black paint that is starting to chip. 

I sit down, running my hands on the wood. Then I come across a little bump. 

I look down to see something carved into the bench.

5&8

I look down at the engraving, taking a moment to remember.

18 YEARS AGO

 It was raining and humid, making my skin sticky. Five and I had just left Griddys Donuts and didn't want to go home. He decided to go to the park.

"Don't be a loser, eight. C'mon!" Five shouted. He was running in the rain.

"Fine!" I yell. I run out to him, leaving behind my stop under the tree that protected me from the rain.

It felt exhilarating. I shriek as the water hits my skin.

Running over to Five, I see him looking up into the air, trying to catch rain in his mouth.

"Haha!" I laugh, and jump into him, making him stumble.

"Hey! Asshole." He yells. I laugh more. I run around, try to escape from him.

"Who knew you were so slow!" I yell behind my shoulder. I hear no response and look back to see if he's still there. He's not. I keep running and whip my head forwards.

"Hah!" Five jumps right in frount of me, and I go tumbling into him. We both fall to the muddy ground. I fall on top of him.

"Five!" I whine. He just laughs. I smile and start laughing too.

PRESENT

After thinking for a bit, I decided that I should go find Five and Klaus. My bet is that they are on their way to the place that made that prosthetic eye. 

I push myself back into the air, flying as fast as I can, trying to remember the name of the place. I look down at the city, seeing all the cars and buildings. Finally, I see the big build and drop down to the ground. I look over to see Five and Klaus starting to walk in.

"What are you doing back here?" Five asks.

"Though I'd come along for the ride," I say.

"Great! Since you are here now, what are you in our cover story...Oh! You can be Fives loving girlfriend." Klaus smiles at me. I roll my eyes.

"What? No. You are not coming in with us." Five stops and looks over at me.

"Oh yeah? Watch me." I continue going up the stairs.

"Sassy one, huh?" Klaus laughs.

"Shut up Klaus." Five and I say at the same time.

We walk into the place and go into this doctor's office with glass walls.

"Like I said to your son, any information about the prosthetics we build are strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't tell you," he says.

"Well, we can't get consent without a name!" Five scowled at the man.

"That's not my problem. Sorry."

Suddenly, an idea lights up in my mind.

"Well, what about my consent!"  I cry. I wrap my arm around Five, trying to seem like I am in love with him. He tries to push me off, but I kick him hard in the leg.

"Excuse me?" The man looks over at me.

"Who gave you permission to lay your hands on my boyfriend?" I say, trying to seem upset.

"I didn't touch you boyfriend--"

I cut the doctor off.

"How'd he get that swollen lip then?" I say, pointing at Five.

"What? He doesn't have a swollen lip-"

I let go of Five and punch him hard in the face. 

"Agh!" He puts his hand to his face.

"What the hell!" he yells.

"I want a name please, now," I say.

"You are crazy." He says looking at me with wide eyes.

"Hah, you have no idea." I giggle.

Klaus picks up a snowglobe off the desk.

"Wow, peace on earth. How sweet. Agh!" Klaus plugged the glass into his head. I cringe as the glass sprays on the floor.

"God, that hurt!" Klaus yells.

"I'm calling security!" The doctor yells, then dials the number. I snatch the phone out of his hands.

"There's been an assult in Mr. Bigs' office! Get security now!" I cry into the phone, then place it back down.

"Now here's what going to happen. You have about 60 seconds before security guards come running through that door and they are going to see a whole lot of blood." I start. The man looks terrified.

 "They are going to wonder what the hell happened and we are going to tell them that you beat the shit out of us!" 

Klaus laughs, then says,

"You are going to do great in prison, I just know it. A little piece of chicken like you is going to get passed around." Klaus sways his hips in a circular motion.

"Just don't you worry. You're going to do great." Klaus smiles at the man.

"You are a sick bastard." The doctor whimpers.

"Why thank you," Klaus says, then spits a piece of glass out of his mouth.