Briefcase

I sit in the back of the car, arms crossed.

"Oh stop being such a child," Five snickered.

I thought it was stupid that I had to sit in the back while Five got the passenger seat.

"Stop fighting. It gets annoying." Luther mumbled from the driver's seat.

"No one asked you, Spaceboy!" I snap. 

"Do you think this will really work?" Luther asked Five, ignoring my insult.

"Yes, you idiot. If I wasn't sure, then it wouldn't be an option. They're desperate. It's like a cop losing their gun, they'll be in deep shit if the Commission finds out." Five explained.

We park on the side of the road, sitting in silence.

"Y'know, I never enjoyed it..." Five says after a while.

"What?" Luther asked, confused.

"The killing. I mean, I was good at my work. I took pride in it. But never pleasure." 

Five sighed.

"I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind..."

I frown at Five, feeling sympathy.

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I was on the moon for four years and that was more than enough." Luther said, looking at Five.

I tune into the conversation.

"Not being able to move or talk was horrible," I whisper, looking back out the window.

"It's something I wouldn't wish upon anybody."

In the corner of my eye, I see Five look back at me.

"Hey, they are here." Luther taps Five and he whips his head forward. They wait until the car drives past us and parks a few yards back to talk.

"Here. I think you should hold on to this so just in case they make a move, you'll be ready." Five hands Luther the briefcase.

"Good idea." Luther nods.

"And Luther, be careful. I've lived a long life. You still have yours ahead of you. Don't waste it." Five pats Luther's shoulder then opens the door to the car and steps out.

"Alright. Showtime..." I mutter, stepping out of the car as well.

"Do me a favor. If this all goes sideways, tell Delores I'm sorry." Five says.

"Shut the fuck up," I say. "We'll be fine."

I start walking toward them, Five quickly running after me.

"What are you doing. You should stay back there with Luther." Five hissed when he caught up with me.

"Just shut up." I hiss back. 

We meet in the middle, Five shoves his hands into his pockets.

"Are the masks really necessary?" He asks dully. They pull off the masks and throw them to the ground.

"Where is it, kid?" The woman snapped.

"Well, I would be happy to give it to you in an exchange for you to request your boss's presents. I need to talk to her face to face." Five simply says.

"About what?" The man asks.

"I believe that is none of your concern." Five snaps.

The woman sighs.

"Just don't tell her about the briefcase," she says. Five nods.

 She walks over to the phone.

Five grabs my hand and drags me back to the car.

"What are they doing?" Luther asks.

"Calling someone." Five says. Luther gives him a confused look.

Suddenly, the sound of music seemed to fill in the distance.

"Does anyone else hear..."

"Ice cream truck music?" Five asks.

I look to see an ice cream truck coming down the road. As it drove past us, I look to see Klaus driving the car, a big grin across his face, waving at us. Diego in the passenger seat, unamused.

"What the hell..." I mutter.

"It's a setup!" The woman yells.

The maniacs point their guns at us, firing away. Luther puts his arms up to protect us. I run in front of him and Five to try and blast the bullets away. I quickly raise my hands, but suddenly everything stops. 

The music, the guns being fired. Everything.

I slowly look around to see the bullets stuck in mid-air. The ice cream truck stopped in the middle of the road. I put my hands down.

 I turn around to see Luther's arms up in the air, a face of panic, and Five inspecting him.

"Are you doing this?" Five asked, walking towards me. I shake my head, still looking around, amazed.

"Neat trick, isn't it?" 

Five intently grabs my wrist tightly as I turn around to see the Handler standing a few feet away from us.

"Hello Number Five, Number 8." 

A devilish smile seeps upon her face.

Sorry I haven't been able to post these last few days! Also thank you for 700 reads!!!!! <3

~A.lex~