Griddys Donuts

Five pulls into the small parking lot.

"Here we are," he mumbles.

The place looked more..worn down. We walked inside and sat down at the country with seats. An older man that looks to be in his mid-forties sits next to Five.

After a couple of seconds, Five looks around and sighs annoyed. He rings the service bell twice.

"Sorry, the sink was clogged." A lady with a pink and white uniform walked out from the back, getting a notebook from her pocket. I read the name in cursive on her shirt. Agnes.

"What can I get you guys?"

"I'll get...a chocolate eclair." The man says. She scribbles it down in her notebook.

"Can I get the kids a glass of milk or somethin...?" Agnes looks over at us.

"Kids want coffee. Black." Five says. She looks over at us, surprised. 

"Cute kids." Agnus looks over at the man. He looked confused.

She goes to start the coffee machine.

"I don't remember this place being such a shit hole." Five says to the man.

"Used to sneak out with my brothers and sister and eat donuts till we puked. Simpler times, huh?" I scoff.

"...I suppose so." He says.

The lady comes back with his eclair and our coffees. I sip my coffee as Five and the man talks about directions to somewhere. Finally, he leaves.

"I remember this place... it's changed a lot since then. You and I would sneak out and come here. Then, go to the park." I say, looking around.

"Really? What would we do at the park?" he asks.

"Oh, we would just hang out on a bench and talk. We would also go to the pool sometimes too."

"The pool?"

"Yeah. That was where you..."

"Where I what?" Five makes eye contact with me.

"Uh, where you kissed me." I look down back on my coffee cup on the table.

"Kissed you?" Five looks confused. 

"Yep." I pop the 'p' at the end of the word.

Suddenly, I hear the little bell at the door. I see Five looking at the service bell at the reflection to see the people behind us.

"Don't move..." he mumbles.

"That was fast." Five sighed. "Thought I had more time before they found me."

"Ok, let's be professional about this. On your feet. Let's talk." I see in the corner of my eye a huge gun being pointed at us. I gulp.

"I've got nothin' to say." Five says, 

"It doesn't have to go like this. You think I want to shoot two kids? Go home with that on my conscience?"

Five pauses then says, "I wouldn't worry about that. You won't be going home."

Five jumps behind the guy, stabbing him with a butter knife in the back.

I spring out of my chair, knocking down the guy closes to me.

Guns are shot, aiming at Five and I.

I grab the guy's gun I just knocked down, and pull the trigger. The bullet goes right in between his eyes, and blood sprays on me.

I look around and see Five laying on the table.

"Hey, assholes!" He yells. Gun and pointed and shot in his decretion, but he is already gone.

I use my power and send a man flying against the wall. I grab a fork, then stab in the eye.

 Suddenly, I feel I sharp blinding pain on the side of my hip.

I fall on my hands and knees, putting one hand on the wound. 

I scream. My eyes get blurry with tears from the pain.

Then, someone's foot goes to my stomach, causing me to fully fall to the ground.

I look up at the man, his gun pointed at me. He's smirking.

I grab his leg, sending him flying to the ground. His gun fell right next to me, and I grab it. I shoot him in the face.

It suddenly is quiet. I drop the gun and wrap my arms around myself

"Fuck." I hiss.

Five comes over, sticking his hand out for me to get up.

I take it, trying to pull myself up. Instead, I fall right back down.

"Shit." I hissed

"Did you get hit?"

"I'm fine." I squeeze my eyes shut, trying not to let any more tears escape.

Suddenly, I feel his arm around me, helping me up.

"Cmon, you got it." He helps me onto the chairs we were sitting on before.

"This should help." He takes his belt off, then wraps it around my waist. He tightens it.

"Thanks," I whisper.

He nods.

He grabs a knife and pulls up his sleeve.

"Woah woah Five, what are you doing?"

"They're tracking me. I have to get the chip out." He slices into his arm, hissing in the process. 

He drops the knife once the cut is big enough, and digs his fingers into his skin. I cringe. He pulls out a green blinking chip.

"Are you ok?" I say, looking at the gash on his arm.

"I'm fine. Now let's go." He gets off his chair, then wraps his arm around me again.

I make it a couple of steps, then my legs give up on me.

"Shit. Five I...can't." I'm out of breath, and the pain is unbearable.

"Here." He bends down, using his other hand to carry me in his arms.

"Thanks." I mudder. I wrap my hands around his neck and put my head on his shoulder so he wouldn't see me cry.

He puts me in the car, then jumps into the driver seat.

"Where are we going now?" I ask.

"Vanya's."

Sorry this took a couple of days to write! I was expecting to post this on Saturday, but I didn't have the time. And holy fuck thank you guys for 100 reads! I really appreciate it! I hope you have a lovely day/night!

Edit from 4/20: I have to change a word in the story bc it sounded...not like it was supposed to sound like and people got the wrong idea lmao.

~A.lex~