Chapter 33: I Love You

*CW: Heavy Sexual Content, BDSM, & Alcohol Usage*

June 6th, 1996 - 12:00pm

On my way back to the common room, I felt my stomach growling. I had accidentally skipped breakfast for the day dealing with Draco and Umbridge. I could have probably munched on some of the sweets Ginny and Ron got me for my birthday, but I desired an actual meal much more. So instead of walking back to the common room, I made my way to the kitchen to see if the kitchen elves could've snuck me some food.

The kitchen was located near the Hufflepuff common room, and I always felt uneasy whenever I walked by it... seeing Cedric's memorial and everything. I always felt guilty, thinking that I didn't spend enough time grieving over him. But deep down I knew that it was good that I had moved on and didn't relish over his death. This guilt only ever crossed my mind whenever I saw his memorial, or looked at old photos of him. The only way I knew how to deal with it was to push those feelings deep down and then ignore them.

I continued walking down the corridor until I came upon the kitchen. I knocked on the door, waiting patiently for one of the elves to open it. An elf with large eyes and a button nose opened the door. He looked alarmed.

"HOOBEY SWEARS THAT HOOBEY DIDN'T GET THE EGGS RECIPE WRONG!" the elf shouted, "HOOBEY FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS!"

"Erm..." I stammered, "What?"

"HOOBEY DOES NOT WANT TO TALK TO MASTER UMBRIDGE!" the elf exclaimed, "HOOBEY JUST CHANGED THE RECIPE BECAUSE THE KITCHEN WAS OUT OF PEPPER!"

"Oh.. I'm not a part of the Inquisitorial Squad" I assured, "I'm just hungry."

"Oh! Hoobey is not supposed to serve like this," the elf hesitated, "Hoobey will get in trouble, and must ask the guest to wait until dinner!"

"Please!" I begged, "I haven't eaten all day I just-"

"DAWN MALFOY!" a high-pitched voice beamed from inside of the kitchen, cutting me off. I noticed a tiny elf with a flower around her ear running towards the door. It was then that I realized that the elf was Posmey.

"Well hello, Posmey!" I exclaimed, giving the kitchen elf a hug, "How have you been lately?"

"Posmey has not been good lately, Dawn Malfoy!" Posmey sighed, "But she is better now that Dawn Malfoy has visited again!"

"Well of course!" I exclaimed, "I still haven't had time to come down here and properly thank all of you for helping Neville out with the Valentine's Day gift. It was quite lovely."

"This guest is the girl Neville Longbottom was talking about?" Hoobey questioned, talking directly to Posmey.

"Yes!" Posmey beamed, "Neville Longbottom and Dawn Malfoy are in love!"

There were a bunch of "oohs" and "awws" that came from the crowd of kitchen elves. I exclaimed in embarrassment as they reacted to Posmey's comment. My cheeks grew hot, I knew that my face was red.

"I wouldn't say that..." I stuttered, obviously embarrassed.

"Dawn Malfoy's cheeks are red!" Posmey exclaimed, "DAWN MALFOY IS IN LOVE!"

"Shhh!" I exclaimed, gesturing to Posmey to lower her voice, "Don't be so loud about it!"

"Posmey is very sorry, Dawn Malfoy..." Posmey whispered, "Posmey will be more quiet now!"

"Any person that is important to Neville Longbottom is important to Hoobey," Hoobey assured, "Please come in, Dawn Malfoy!"

I walked into the kitchen as the elves led me inside. They were much nicer than the first time I was here; They nearly jumped Hermione and me. They probably treated me better because Hooey accepted me; He looked to be one of the elves in charge.