Prologue

November 2nd, 1981

Dear Narcissa,

You are the only one I can trust with this. I am alone and scared, and I need your help.

My daughter is in danger, terrible danger. She was born at the end of July, the 31st to be exact. This means that she is involved in the prophecy. I don't know how she is involved, or exactly what she will do. All I know is that her life is at risk. I have done my best to protect her, but times have changed, and now she lies in your hands.

I need you to take her in as your own. I need for you and Lucius to act as her birth parents. She has coarse dark-brown hair like mine, so you will need a spell to give her hair like yours. I will be coming by later with my daughter, and I will help carry out the spell. As long as she is never hit with the counter-curse, she will remain blonde.

You will give her a bedroom of her own; Give her food, toys, whatever you want. You could even make her twins with Draco to make her less suspicious of the prophecy on the off-chance she finds out about it in the future. Do what ever you can to keep her safe. Do not ever let her suspect that she has connections with me, let alone... him.

You saw what he did to that boy's parents, he knows about the prophecy. As of right now, he is only aware of the two boys involved; He's not aware that she is involved as well. I need to protect her from him. I have been hiding her from him this whole time, but it is only a matter of time until he finds her.

You and I both know that he will be returning. And when he returns, he will show no mercy to those involved in the prophecy. He will not care that she is his heir. If she gets in the way of him, he will not only kill her... he will kill me... us.

She has been the only thing keeping me sane thus far; The only happy thoughts and memories I have left. When she is in your hands, I will need you to erase those thoughts for her own safety. I am aware that every last inch of sanity I have will be gone, but it is for the greater good of us all.

Please take care of my sweet Dawn.

Love, Bellatrix

The Light in the Dark | Neville LongbottomOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara