Chapter 36: The Battle of the Department of Mysteries

*CW: Violence*

Flying over the city of London felt like a dream. I never found a muggle city beautiful before today. Maybe it was because I've never seen the city at night, I've only seen it during the day. London was beautiful at night, it truly took my breath away.

"WE'RE ALMOST THERE!" Harry shouted, "FOLLOW ME!"

The thestral I was riding dipped as we flew towards the city. I managed to get a closer look at everything. All of the muggles looked so happy and cheerful. They were wandering in-and-out of the shops on the street; so simple, yet astounding, to watch. The group of thestrals landed in an alleyway somewhere in the city, and all of us hopped off of them. Harry and Luna waved goodbye to the invisible creatures as they took off.

"Alright, right around this corner is a public restroom that will lead us to the Ministry." Harry explained, "Go into the stall and flush. It's nasty, but it's the only way in."

All of us collectively groaned disgustedly, following Harry out of the alleyway. I caught up to Neville and grabbed his hand as we walked through the city. We only walked a couple of blocks, but it was still refreshing nonetheless.

"I don't have a good feeling about this..." Neville whispered to me, "Something is telling me that we should head back."

"That makes two of us," I whispered back, "But I'm sure we'll be alright. We're only checking to see if Sirius is in trouble, then we're heading right back to the school."

Neville nodded as he held my hand tighter. He was scared, but so was I. Eventually, we approached the restroom that led to the Ministry of Magic. We walked into our respective restrooms and stalls, and prepped ourselves to be flushed.

"EW!" I heard Ginny exclaim from a couple stalls down, "I CAN'T DO THIS!"

"Don't worry, Ginny!" Luna beamed from another stall, "Pinch your nose, it should help!"

"This is ghastly!" Hermione shrieked.

I took a deep breath before stepping into the toilet seat. The toilet water filled my shoes, and I let out a disgusted gag. I wasn't sure if I could've done this... it had to be the worst part. I closed my eyes and pinched my nose as I grabbed onto the plug and flushed.

Within seconds, I arrived in the middle of the Ministry of Magic. I was completely shaken up and still gagging. That was one of the worst things I had ever experienced. I didn't know how people could've done that everyday coming to work. After that experience, becoming an auror wasn't looking too hot on my list of goals right now.

"Gross..." I muttered to myself, dusting my clothes off.

I was the first one to arrive at the Ministry, followed by Harry, Neville, Luna, Ron, Hermione, and lastly, Ginny. Ginny reacted the worst out of everyone, nearly vomiting the moment she arrived.

After everyone safely arrived inside of the Ministry, Harry gestured us over to the elevators. We all entered the elevator as Harry pressed Floor 9, and the elevator began to move. I felt even more nervous as we closed in on the ninth floor... something wasn't right.

"Harry..." I stammered, "What if Sirius isn't there? What if this is a trap?"

"Well, we've got to be prepared for some sort of encounter right?" Harry assured, "In my vision, Sirius got attacked by Voldemort's snake, so we save Sirius, defeat whatever's in there, and get him somewhere safe."

"Alright..." I hesitated, rubbing the back of my neck in the process.

"At least we'll get to put those D.A. lessons to good use!" Ron exclaimed. Everyone nodded cheerfully, except me.