Chapter 27: The Potion Incident

*CW: Harsh Language & Sexual Assault*

Disclaimer: Scenes including the underlined content warning(s) have the first and last words bolded. Please read at your own risk.

» ━━━━━━ « ☾⋆☽ » ━━━━━━ «

March 9th, 1996

"You've barely touched your plate," Neville stammered, "Are you not hungry?"

I shook my head, "Not really... I ate some sweets in my dorm this morning."

That was a lie. I just didn't have an appetite... I never really did, especially when Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat only a few seats away. I hadn't spoken to them in nearly three months, and as much as I hated to admit it... I missed my best friends.

"Well... alright," Neville sighed, collecting his things, "We ought to head to class then."

I nodded, grabbing my rucksack and following him out the Great Hall. I avoided eye contact with the trio on my way out, considering when I passed by them, I could tell that they were giving me dirty stares; they always did.

Unfortunately, my first class of the day was Potions with Slytherin, where I partnered with Pansy since Hermione and I didn't talk anymore. Neville helped Professor Sprout with third-year Herbology during this block, which was very far from the dungeons, but he walked me to class anyway - something I always appreciated.

Neville sighed deeply again, interrupting our silence on our way to the dungeons, "Dawn... you know that I care about you and your feelings and opinions, but I think that you should talk to them."

"And by them..." I hesitated, "Do you mean Potter, Weasley, and Granger?"

Neville nodded slowly, "Well... who else would I be referring to?"

I rolled my eyes, "I already tried, don't you remember? Hermione literally told me to piss off."

"I'm not just talking about her," Neville stammered, "I'm talking about all three of them at the same time. This problem between you lot has been going on for too long, and it's affecting all of you poorly."

"I highly doubt that," I scoffed, "They look like they're having the time of their lives without me around!"

"Harry... maybe, but not Ron," Neville shrugged, "At least, that's from my perspective. He was upset that you missed birthday last week. Besides, they're not particularly quiet gossipers, so I hear everything."

"Great, so one of them misses me," I said sarcastically, "That makes me feel so much better."

Neville cocked his head, "Dawn, I'm being serious... could you try?"

I sighed deeply, rolling my eyes again. It wasn't like I didn't want things to be better between the trio and I because I truly did, I just didn't know how they felt. Yeah, Ron might've missed me, but that meant nothing if Hermione and Harry didn't feel the same. But at the same time, Neville was right, I wouldn't have known their true feelings if I didn't ask.

"Fine," I grumbled, "I'm only doing it for you though."

Neville chuckled softly, "That's better than nothing!"

The two of us continued our trek to the dungeons, reaching the Potions classroom about five minutes later. Neville quickly kissed me on the lips before parting ways.

"Gross... get a room." a voice hissed.

The two of us broke from our kiss, facing the voice. Draco stood directly next to us; a dirty look plastered across his face. Neville sighed deeply, waving goodbye before quickly shuffling away from my brother and me.