Chapter 23: May He Live On

*CW: Drug & Alcohol Usage, Physical Abuse, & Sexual Assault*

Disclaimer: Scenes including the underlined content warning(s) have the first and last words bolded. Please read at your own risk.

» ━━━━━━ « ☾⋆☽ » ━━━━━━ «

Dear Dawn,

Your previous response was short, so I wasn't sure if you read the entirety of my last letter. I'm really sorry about my behavior in the common room. I should've stuck up for you. You aren't reckless! You are a very powerful wizard, and I was just... concerned.

I know that you will work on your magic, and I am no longer worried about that.

I will keep convincing Harry to let you join Dumbledore's Army. You're my best friend, Dawn, you have been for the longest time. I don't want this stupid situation to put an end to our friendship.

Also, I opened your gift. Thank you for the hardcopy version of "The Giver"; the book has been quite interesting thus far. I hope you enjoy your gift. I sent it by owl to your house.

Please forgive me, okay? I am deeply sorry.

Love, Hermione.

『••✎••』

Hermione,

I'm happy that you enjoyed your gift. And speaking of the common incident, please drop it.

- Dawn.

『••✎••』

Dear Dawn,

Hi, love! I hope that you're feeling better! I'm sorry to hear about your visions. If you ever need to talk to someone about them, I'm always here to listen.

I hope things are going well at home. Would you like to come over to my house on New Year's? I've talked it over with Gran and she was okay with it. I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind, right? It's not like we're a muggle family, so I think they'd let you visit.

Also, I received your gift! It's a lot bigger than what I was expecting, but I'm excited to open it tomorrow. Once you open mine, send me a letter right away!

And for the situation with Harry and Hermione, I think you ought to talk to them in person. Harry's stubborn so it's unlikely he'll apologize... it'll be up to you to fix that. But Hermione is your best friend, so I do think that you should talk it out with her first.

But then again, it is also your choice. I only want what's best for you, Dawn.

I'll see you soon!

Love, Neville.

『••✎••』

Dear Neville,

I'm doing better and the visions are gone. I'll ask my parents about New Years and tell you what they say. They don't know about us yet, and quite honestly... I'm not sure how they'll react. If anything, I'll just sneak out on New Year's, it's not difficult to do so.

We usually open presents tomorrow, but I'll probably open yours tonight, so I don't have to hear my father's wrath.

And about the situation with Harry and Hermione, I'm dropping it. I'm standing by what I said in my last letter, I don't want to hear anything unless it comes directly from Harry. I understand what you're trying to say, but what he said was hurtful. Besides... Maybe my avoidance could help with his anger management issues. He needs it.