Chapter 3: Hufflepuff's Seeker

April 15th, 1994

"OOH! FLEET HAS FAILED TO BLOCK THE QUAFFLE FROM ENTERING THE HOOP! TEN POINTS FOR SLYTHERIN!" Lee yelled from the announcer booth. And just like that, Slytherin and Hufflepuff were now tied for the win.

Harry and Ron were the ones to blame for my Quidditch obsession; I didn't like it when I first started at Hogwarts. Although I wasn't very good at Quidditch, watching the games were always fun. Today, my friends and I were watching the game between Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Gryffindor lost their last game because of Harry's injury, so for the time being, they were done for the season, or until they've found a new seeker.

"HOW IS THAT A POINT!" a voice barked from behind, "THEY AIMED FOR HIS HEAD! THAT'S A FOUL!" 

I didn't even have to look at the voice to know that it was Oliver Wood. He was on the verge of tearing the stadium a part. Oliver was probably more upset that Gryffindor lost their last game than with Lee. I heard he tried to drown himself in the showers afterwards.

"Bloody hell's wrong with him?" Ron whispered to me.

"He's just mad that Harry's near death experience cost him last week's game!" I joked, "I bet he'll screaming the entire time." 

I felt a sharp pain in my arm. It was Harry, and he had just shoved me. Neville, who sat closely to the other side of me, flinched; his attention from the game breaking when I accidentally nudged him.

"OW!" I exclaimed, "What the hell, Potter!"

"It's not my fault that dementors keep mistaking me for a bloody murderer!" Harry spat coldly, "Besides, Hufflepuff's seeker told Wood that they would forfeit the match, but Wood refused."

"Geez sorry, Harry!" I replied, "I was just joking!"

"Whatever," Harry scoffed, rolling his eyes and looking back into the arena, "Dawn, what's your brother doing?"

I leaned over the railings to see what Harry was talking about. I captured my brother sitting on his broomstick flying around in circles. Draco was the seeker so perhaps he was waiting for the golden snitch to appear, but flying around in circles didn't seem to pass time efficiently. It was also odd considering Hufflepuff's seeker was still actively in the game, while Draco had completely zoned out.

"For having bought the whole team," Hermione scoffed, "You would expect that he'd be good at what he does."

"I mean..." I hesitated, "He practiced all summer, and got a lot better. I don't know what's going on with him right now though because he's usually in it."

Suddenly, Draco's head jerked up at the sound of the buzzing of the golden snitch. He quickly readjusted himself on his broomstick, and chased after it. Hufflepuff's seeker noticed this, and started chasing after Draco.

"FINALLY! SOMETHING INTERESTING'S HAPPENED!" Wood shouted.

I watched the two boys chase after the golden snitch, it was mesmerizing, really. Not Draco, he was a mess, but the other boy was really good. I wasn't exactly sure what his name was, but I knew a lot of the girls at school were fond of him. I also knew that he was in the same year as Fred and George, but that was about it. I've always found him quite attractive, but I was a third-year, I stood no chance against these older girls.

"What are they doing?" Hermione questioned.

"Why aren't they running away from it?" Neville asked me hesitantly, breaking my thoughts.

I refocused, and noticed the two boys going towards one of the bludgers instead of the golden snitch. The two continuously shoved each other, in hope that one would've gotten hit. This was common in Quidditch, but it happened in every game Draco played.