Chapter 58: A Happy Christmas

*CW: Alcohol Usage*

December 24th, 1996

I was wrong, quidditch during a snowstorm was fun. Probably the most fun I had in a while, but I was also plastered, so I didn't remember half of the game. Ron had to catch me from falling off of my broomstick multiple times. It was almost funny, every time I was at the burrow, I resorted back into my old methods of dealing with trauma. Personally, I blamed Arthur and Molly for having a never-ending supply of firewhisky and George for drinking with me.

The shock of finding out that I was getting disowned caused me a lot of unease. I had only been at the burrow for four days and had twice as many anxiety attacks. I was so consumed in what was going to happen when I returned to Hogwarts that I had no choice but to drink to calm my nerves and magic. I didn't want to accidentally blow the roof off of the Weasley's house; they didn't have the money to fix it.

Bill and Charlie returned to the burrow yesterday. Charlie and I caught up, and I also got kicked out of my old room, so Hermione and I were sharing a room with Ginny. It was alright considering I wasn't in my recovery stages anymore, so I didn't mind sleeping on a mattress. I met Bill for the first time, and Harry spent a lot of time describing him to me. All Harry said was that Bill was really cool, and he was right; Bill was cool... very cool.

Bill also arrived with Fleur. I had only talked to her a couple of times while she was at Hogwarts for the Triwizard Tournament. Fleur had taken a keen interest in Cedric before she found out that he was dating me, but the moment she did, she backed off. She ended up finding me a lot more interesting than he was anyway. I never understood why Hermione and Ginny didn't like Fleur, she was really nice. Yeah, she was a bit snobby, but I was too at one time, and they were still friends with me. It didn't make much sense, to be honest.

"You alright, Dawn-ald?" an approaching voice asked, disrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Fred... great, actually..." I sighed, taking another sip from my bottle of firewhiskey.

"You know, we haven't talked much since the whole..." Fred hesitated, sitting down.

"It's whatever, we both know that it didn't mean anything," I shrugged, "And it's not like Neville cared, we were already broken up when it happened."

"Oh, so things are better between you two?" Fred asked enthusiastically, "I know I said some questionable things last year, but I genuinely liked you lot together."

"Erm... things are actually worse..." I scoffed. 

Fred's smile dropped, pursing his lips and raising his eyebrows, "Oh... well, that was not the answer I was expecting..."

"Yeah, we don't talk anymore," I sighed, "And he has a new girlfriend... there's also that..."

"I'm really sorry, Dawn..." Fred consoled.

"It's whatever, really..." I shrugged, "I have more important things to worry about, and Neville is the least of my concerns... I'm sure you've been informed about the letter?"

Fred nodded, "Yeah dad told us... he found out from one of his colleagues at the Ministry. I'm not sure if you're moving into the burrow or not. But if you need somewhere to live... George and I have an extra bedroom at the shop. We'd be happy to let you stay there."

"Thanks, Fred... but I shouldn't." I hesitated.

"Understandable," Fred chuckled, "It'd be pretty hard to resist me when I live only a door away!"

"Oh, shut up!" I scoffed as I jokingly shoved him, "I wouldn't last a week there! You and George are pigs!"

"Are not!" Fred protested.