Chapter 9

Sonic was just laying down on the couch and watching TV out of boredom since Tails was at a friend's house doing a group study and Knuckles was out in the backyard doing some exercise and it was just around 3:00 PM and he has never felt this bored and lazy before.

He sat up before stretching his arms before standing bio and turning the TV off and went up to his room. Once he was inside, he lay down on the bed before checking his phone and decided to see the school blog. He smiled instantly to himself to see the post of him and Shadow sitting beside each other and saw how happy he and Shadow were. His phone suddenly beeped and the blog has a new post and update.

'Hey, everyone! Shadow's having a birthday party this coming Friday! Make sure to come to our house and don't forget to bring presents for him! ;D'

It quickly got so many comments bright after it was posted as Sonic blushed when he realized that he had to buy something really special for Shadow on his birthday before asking himself if he was even invited. Well, Fleetway did post this on his blog so maybe it's free to whoever wants to come as long as they bring a present. His phone then beeped again and it was a chat from both Silver and Scourge since they were in a group chat together.

Silver: Sonic you saw the post right?

Sonic: Yeah. Are you guys gonna ?

Scourge: Yeah.

Silver: Let's think about what to buy for Shadow's birthday tomorrow!

Sonic: Okay, after school then?

Scourge: After school.

Silver: Great! >u<

He then turned off his phone and thought about how many people that will go to the birthday party and what kind of gifts that they will give. Due to his popularity, it's obvious that a lot of people will surely come but will their presents be better than his? The thought made him nervous as he thought about what if Shadow hates his gift or what if Shadow thought that his gift was the lamest as this caused him to sigh and hoped that he won't mess anything up at the party and all he just really wanted was to see Shadow.

Meanwhile, Shadow was also deep in his thoughts but it was only Sonic as he kept thinking about having Sonic at his party and he finally admitted to himself that he really liked him and hoped that Sonic felt the same way about him and he thought that maybe he can confess to him at the party. That would be a great idea right? Now all he needs to plan is to talk to Sonic first then invite him to someplace quiet but he realized that there was no quiet place in his during the party so he planned on taking Sonic to his room and confessed there since he had no idea on where to go except to his room.

Fleetway suddenly went inside his room while kicking the door wide open and also made Shadow jump off his bed in surprise.

"Hey, Shadow, guess whose number I just got? Sonic's!" Fleetway exclaimed happily as that caused Shadow to blush immediately but he tried his best to look normal and put on an irritated look.

"Could you not kick my door open? Just because you're floating, doesn't even mean that you have to kick it open." Shadow told him as Fleetway laughed nervously before apologizing.

He then moved towards him before showing him his new contact.

"Look! I got Sonic's number! Do you want it?" Fleetway said before asking as Shadow blinked.

"Uh, wait. How did you even get his number?" Shadow asked in confusion as Fleetway grinned.

"I asked Scourge." He said with a grin before grabbing Shadow's phone and put Sonic's number in the contacts.

He then saved the never and made a new contact before giving him his phone back and smirked.

"You should be able to talk to him now. It'll make him really happy." Fleetway told him before leaving the room and closing the door in the process.

Shadow's hands started shaking as he was too nervous to even text Sonic now. Just having his number was enough to make him really excited and he would probably buy hundreds of stuff just for the blue hedgehog to show how excited he is now. He took a deep breath before confidently tapping the messaging app and started to text Sonic.

From Shadow:
Hi, this is Shadow. I just got your number from Fleetway.

To Sonic (3:51 pm):
Shadow? Is this really you or is someone pranking me?

From Shadow:
It's really me. Do you want me to call you so you can hear me?

To Sonic (3:51 pm):
Okay, okay! I believe you!

With Sonic, he really can't believe it that Shadow is actually texting him and it almost made him choke on his chili dog since he was eating as he started to blush and his heart was beating really fast and he wanted to scream from the happiness he was  feeling now.

From Shadow (3:52 pm):
So, are you going to my birthday party?

To Shadow:
Yeah! I'm really excited for your party tomorrow!

From Shadow (3:52 pm):
Hehe, I'm really happy that you decided to come.

Sonic blushed at that. Was Shadow really happy for his attendance? He's not even at the party yet for crying out loud!

To Shadow:
Haha, you're welcome! I promise that I'll give you the best present ever!

From Shadow (3:52 pm):
Ah, it's really okay. You don't have to give me anything.

To Shadow:
No way, I will give you some. It's your birthday.

From Shadow (3:53 pm):
Hahaha, okay then. Really looking for your present, Sonic.😉

Sonic's heart literally almost exploded there. Did Shadow really wink at him? Even if it's just in emoji, it also means that he's actually winking at him! Was Shadow flirting with him? No way! Maybe he always winks at everyone he texted. Maybe.