Chapter 10

Sonic, Silver and Scourge are now at the mall after school as they were figuring out what to buy as Shadow's birthday present. They've already looked through the clothes department, sports center and even the pet store. They can't seem to find anything that will make a good birthday present and Sonic really wants to make sure that his gift will be good enough for Shadow to like very much. They were now taking a break at a fast food restaurant.

"This mall doesn't have anything that's cool." Sonic sighs as he sip his soda.

"Don't worry. I'm sure we'll find something great." Silver said.

"Yeah but what?" Scourge asked as he ate his fries as Silver wasn't able to answer that.

They sighed tiredly as this was going to be a hard one. They stayed quiet for a moment until they heard two familiar voices and realized that it was Mephiles and Fleetway as they passed by them and not even noticing the trio. They were busy talking about something that they didn't even notice the trio but Scourge decided to get their attention.

"Fleetway!" Scourge called and caused the two to stop and turn around.

Fleetway instantly smiled and ran to Scourge and gave him a hug while he was in his seat.

"Scourge! I didn't know that you'd be here!" Fleetway said in delight as he snuggled him and caused Scourge to blush and push him away slowly.

"Fleetway, people are going to be staring. Stop that." Scourge said through gritted teeth while he was blushing.

"Haha, sorry. So what are you guys doing here?" Fleetway asked as he let him go.

"We're still trying to look for a gift for Shadow." Silver explained.

"So have you guys found anything yet?" Mephiles asked curiously before he noticed that they didn't have any shopping bags with them.

"Um, not yet." Silver said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, we knew Shadow very well already. Maybe we can come with you to help you find the perfect gift." Fleetway suggested with a smile.

"Sounds like a great idea." Silver said with a bright smile.

Mephiles saw his smile and turned his head away slightly to hide his blush.

"It'll take too much time searching together. So let's divide in two groups. I'll go with Scourge and Sonic while you go with Mephiles." Fleetway said as Mephiles blinked. He's going with who now?

"Wait, we're splitting up? Who am I partnered with?" Mephiles asked in confusion as Silver stood up.

"You're going with me." He said cheerfully.

Mephiles turned his head and glared at Fleetway who smirked at him as Mephiles knew that he did that on purpose due to the obvious smirk he had on his face.

"Alright then, let's start searching." Fleetway said as they went with their assigned group.

Silver walked beside Mephiles and followed him where he went and it almost bothered him since it felt that they were now searching for anything at all. Mephiles halted to a stop and he sensed that Silver bumped into him with a small squeak and he actually thought that the sound was adorable.

"Ow! Hey, why are we stopping?" Silver asked curiously as he rubbed his nose.

"I've been thinking." Mephiles said before he turned around to look at him.

"I know Shadow really likes antique or ancient stuff so maybe we can try and visit an antique store." Mephiles suggested.

"But where can we find an antique store?" Silver asked in confusion.

"I think I saw one in the alley down the street. Let's go." Mephiles said as Silver nodded.

"Okay." He said with a smile.

As they left the mall, they walked through the city before they eventually found an alley which was really dark which creeped Silver out.

"W-We're going in t-there?" Silver stopped just at the entrance as he stated with wide eyes.

"Yes and it's not that far. Look, it's right there." Mephiles said as he pointed to it.

Silver saw a little light shining in the dark which looked like the store's lamp. He then shuddered slightly in fear due to the creepy look of the place and not to mention that it was a dark alley.

"Um, do you know any other antique stores besides this one?" Silver asked nervously again but he shook his head.

"No." He said.

Silver hesitated to go but he really wanted to look for something at the store. Mephiles noticed his hesitance and terrified aura and guessed instantly that he was scared and that maybe Silver really didn't like dark places like the dark alley. Is he scared of the dark? He made a mental note to not let Silver go alone in dark places.

"It's okay. Nothing's gonna get you." Mephiles reassured him before starting to walk toward the alley.

Silver let out a soft gasp before following him quickly. Mephiles was walking as if the dark alley didn't before him before he felt someone pressing against his back. Was Silver holding onto him? Silver has his hands holding on Mephiles' shoulders out of fear while hiding his face on his back as he clearly doesn't want to see the way in the alley just until they reach the store.

Mephiles couldn't stop the blush that appeared when he heard small whines and whimpers coming from Silver and hoped that this could last longer but after a while, they finally made it to the store that has a blue lamp much to Mephiles' disappointment.

"We're here." He said.

Silver opened his eyes slowly and noticed that it wasn't that dark any more before moving away from Mephiles' back and let out a small sigh of relief. He smiled up at him before petting his head gently as Mephiles froze at that.

"Thanks, Mephiles! Let's go inside." Silver said cheerfully before going inside.

Mephiles was still frozen in his spot. Did Silver give him a pet on his head? He was sure that his feelings will continue to grow more every time he's close with Silver and he wasn't sure how long he can keep his feelings away from the silver hedgy.