Chapter 20

The next day, Sonic went to class while sighing nervously. He almost had his secret relationship with Shadow exposed! He had to remember to tell this to Shadow and that they need to be more careful inside or outside of school to hide their relationship from being exposed.

He sighed heavily while resting his head on his desk before the voice of his friend made him perk up a bit.

"Morning, Sonic! Hey... what's wrong?" Silver asked in concern as he approached Sonic after sensing his mood.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about me, I'm fine." Sonic smiled reassuringly.

Silver wasn't sure why Sonic is acting like that but shrugged it off but can't shake off the dread that something just happened.

The class soon began and they just waited until school was over to visit Scourge again. Sonic was having a hard time focusing since his mind is preventing him from focusing. His thoughts were that Bryan would one day expose his and Shadow's relationship and it might just ruin his and Shadow's school life.

Lunch time finally came which was a relief and both Sonic and Silver picked up their trays and were about to join their friends when their hands were pulled by someone and they saw that it was Shadow and Mephiles much to their surprise and confusion.

"Wha- Shadow?" Sonic questioned in confusion.

"Come sit with us for a while." Shadow told them.

"This is very sudden and we'd love to but why?" Silver asked in confusion.

"There's something that we need to tell you both." Mephiles said but Silver could sense that he was tense and was concerned.

The two accepted with confusion and were curious about what the two semes want to tell them. They sat on the table and Rouge was also there as she sent them a sweet smile.

"So, what did you want to tell us?" Silver asked as he sat down beside Sonic.

But both ukes noticed the sad expression written on Shadow's, Mephiles' and Rouge's faces which concerned them as Sonic finally noticed that one other member of Shadow's group was missing.

"Hey, uh, where's Fleetway?" Sonic asked in concern and nervously.

"Sonic, we want to talk to you about that." Shadow said grimly.

"What do you mean?" Sonic asked in confusion.

"Did you two visit Scourge yesterday?" Rouge asked them and the two shook their heads.

"No. I was out with Tails and Knuckles yesterday." Sonic said in confusion.

"Me too. I was practicing my powers with my brother yesterday." Silver said.

"Well, the four of us, including Fleetway, visited Scourge yesterday." Rouge started as both Sonic and Silver nodded with concern.

They weren't really happy about that and the two could sense it. Did something happen when they visited that they were unaware about?

"When we visited Scourge, his whole face was..." Rouge hesitated with a nervous look. She was unsure how the two would handle this.

"What? What's wrong?" Sonic asked in concern as he could sense that something happened.

"His face... It was wrapped up with a towel and when we removed it, he wasn't breathing." Mephiles finished for Rouge as both Silver and Sonic were in shock.

"We immediately brought him to the hospital and thank Chaos that he survived." Shadow said with relief but his eyes held anger.

Both ukes were in shock and horrified by what they heard. They can't imagine what would happen if they found their friend was on the bed and was helpless and dying.