~1~

''Hey loser get up! WE'VE GOT AUDITIONS TODAY!" Are the words i hear from my "lovely" roommate Maddie right before a pillow is thrown at me. "Alright I'm up!" I yelled back while sitting up and watching her skip out of my room. Hi, I'm August and if you couldn't already tell I have an audition today. For what you might ask? Well a new musical called Hamilton is holding auditions and my best friend is making me audition with her. I've danced all my life so having the opportunity to be on a huge production is my dream! I quickly crab my clothes and head to the bathroom to take a shower and to get ready.
~time skip to at the audition~
Maddie and I checked in at the lobby and got our numbers and were escorted to a huge room full of people and suddenly, I don't feel too confident. My breath quickens and my hands start to get shakey and Maddie quickly notices. She pulls me to the floor and we start stretching. "Wow, there are so many people here... but we got this A" she tells me trying to take my mind off of the crowd. While we were finishing up stretching I suddenly hear "In the Heights" boom through big speaker. Maddie and I looked at each other and knew exactly what was about to happen. We had learned all the choreography from this song and I grab Maddie's hand and we let the beat guide us. Everyone stopped what they were doing and cheered us on when suddenly the big doors open wide... sweet Jesus.
In comes a smiling Lin-Manuel Miranda, Daveed Diggs, Anthony Ramos, Okierirte Onadowan, and Jasmine Cephas-Jones. I hear a very loud "Oh yeah!" And someone grabbed my hand, I was dancing with the one and only Lin-Manuel. I notice Maddie stop dancing and return to the crowd letting me take the spot light. Everyone continues to cheer us on, some even videoing. The song ends and Lin gives me a quick hug. "Wow that was amazing!" He tells me "It was an honor to dance with you." He tells me with a bright smile. "Oh no, the pleasure is all mine." I tell I'm and return the smile. Lin and the others enter a smaller room and I began to feel anxious again. I walk over to our bags with Maddie and get a drink of water to try and calm my nerves. Maddie and I continued to practice and warm up for what seemed like forever until my number was called. Maddie gave me a quick hug and wished me luck and I headed into the tiny room. 'God give me strength' I told myself as I walked through the big doors to find the cast sitting at a table with bright smiles. I introduced myself  and answered all their questions. I then heard Lin say "your music is on". Everyone who auditioned had to learn a piece from "My Shot". That nervous feeling had come back and suddenly I wasn't sure if I could do this...