~11~

Time skip to the next day
August's POV

I woke up this morning around 9:30 which I was great-full for being that this is the latest I've gotten to sleep all week. We only had one show tonight and we didn't have to be at the theatre until 4 so I had almost the whole day to myself. "Morning Mads." I told her while walking into the kitchen to pour myself coffee. "Morning, oh Pip, jazzy and Renée are coming over they should be here in a few." She said never looking up from her phone. Not a minute later I heard a knock on the door and I open it to find all the girls standing there still in their pjs with bags which I assumed had their day clothes in them. "Hey guys! Come in." I told them "morning" they said while joining Maddie on the couch. Once I'm done making my coffee I follow as well and have a seat in our bean bag chair. "So, August. How are you feeling about tonight?" Renée asked. "Well it's definitely been one of the most stressful weeks of my life but I think I will do okay." Yesterday I worked on all of my parts several times to make sure I was ready. "Girl your going to do more than okay! Your going to be great!" Jazzy said while getting excited. "I know, I keep trying to tell her that!" Maddie said while giggling. The girls started talking about something it I wasn't really paying attention. I stared into the coffee cup I was holding in my lap and thought about tonight. Yes I was extremely nervous but I was super excited, mainly because I could see Daveed. He has helped me with my nerves so much this week. I should get him something to repay him. I missed him. Last night he left right after the show because he didn't feel well so I didn't get to talk to him after, I hoped I could see him today. "Uh hello? Earth to August!" One of the girls yells waving their hand between my face and coffee cup. "Huh?" I asked popping my head up. Realization hit me that I was thinking about Daveed and my cheeks grew hot. "Girl what is in your coffee cup that's making you blush?" Pip asked while they all giggled. "Oh nothing I was just thinking." I stated. "Thinking?" Maddie asked. "Yes...thinking." I said looking at them and they all had smiles on their faces. "Yeah...about Diggs!" Maddie said loudly and I blushed even more if that was possible. "You know why don't you guys focus on something other than Daveed and I. Especially you Maddie." I said laughing and pointing at her. "Um no! I will focus on it because I haven't t seen you this swoon over anyone since when you first dated Mario!" She said and covering her mouth realizing what she said. I whipped my head to her shocked that she brought him up and the girls looked at me. "Who's Mario?" Pippa asked. I looked down at my now empty cup and thought about if I should tell them, and if I did, what parts do I tell them. "O-oh. Um... he was a guy I dated in high school and it was just a really bad relationship." I said not looking up. "Hey," I heard and felt a hand on me which I found belonged to Renée who had gotten up and made her way over to sit with me. "You don't have to tell us anything, by your response I can tell you don't want it brought up. Today is your day honey and nothing is going to ruin it." She said looking at me which made me feel better. We decided to keep talking and eat lunch and by the time we did it was already 3. "Hey guys we should start getting ready to head there." Maddie said. We all agreed and walked off to get dressed when a ding on coming from my phone stopped me.

Daveed: hey pretty lady! Can't wait to see ya perform tonight!

Oh gosh, I could feel my face heating up. "Ooooh" I heard the girls. "Okay go get dressed!" I said and they ran off. I quickly replied

Me: hey handsome, I can't wait to see ya! Hope your feeling better!

And I ran off to get dressed. The girls and I met in the kitchen with everything we needed for the show and we were off to the theatre. We got there to see everyone goofing around the stage. "Hey look who finally showed up!" Oak yelled and everyone turned to us. I seen Daveed and walked over to him to give him a quick hug. "Hey sunshine." He said taking my bag off my shoulders. "Hey. How ya feeling?" I asked him. "I'm feeling great actually. I think I was just tired from this week and my body needed rest." He said and I smiled at him. "Oh that's good!" I said.
"Look into your eyes and the sky's the limit! I'm HELPLESS!" I sang while Pippa and I twirled on stage with some of the ensemble members. For the past few minutes we have been goofing off before tonight's show. Daveed walked off to "use the bathroom" but this has been an awe fully long bathroom break I thought. "Okay everyone let's go get ready!" Lin had called and everyone walked away but I watched Maddie, Pippa, Jazzy, and Renée take off full sprint to our dressing room. What's going on? "Hey you, how ya feeling?" Anthony asked me while slinging his arm over my shoulder. Since Anthony and I have met he has grown to be like a brother to me. "Honestly I feel okay for once this week." I say laughing slightly and he reminds me I will do fine. We get near my dressing room and he removes his arm to let me go in. "Hey have any of yo-" I started but stop when I seen what was sitting on my vanity. Next to my hanging costumes on my vanity against the wall was a bouquet of sunflowers and two wrapped presents. I walked over with my hand over my mouth and read the card that was in the flowers.

'Good luck tonight sunshine! I can't wait to watch you! — Mr. Jefferson'

I turn around to see Maddie videoing next to the girls and everyone crowed at the door but Daveed was front and center. No one had never done something like this for me, I felt so appreciated. He walked toward me with open arms and I met him half way across the room and hugged his waist. As he closed his arms around me, we heard a big "awe" come from everyone. "Come on you have to open your presents!" He said like a little kid and everyone left except for Daveed and the girls. I open the smaller long box. "Oh my god! Daveed!" I said opening the rectangled box. "It's beautiful!" I said and hugged him. "Well when you said you liked mine I knew I had to get you one." He said chuckling at my reaction. Inside was the box was a dainty silver necklace with a J on it to match Daveed's bracelet. Next there is a neatly wrapped box that I start to open. "Holy cow I love it!" I yelled as I took it out the box. It was a sweatshirt that said 'Ms. Jefferson' on it. I gave Daveed a strong hug and he kissed me on top of the head. I knew my face was flustered and when I looked up at D he had pink rising to his cheeks too. "Okay! I will let you girls get ready." He said unfortunately letting me out of his embrace. "Ms. Jefferson" he said bowing to me and kissing my hand and making his way out. The girls teased me non-stop about how red my face was and how cute we would be together while I got dressed into my Laffayette story teller outfit and did my hair.