~15~

August's POV

Daveed and I stood outside for what seemed like forever. "I'm sorry" I heard him say as he dug his face into my neck. "I should have told you, I feel awful." He said as he was shaking. I've never seen him cry like this. Dang, I feel so bad. "Come" I said as pulled him onto the outside couch Chris and I were just at. I grabbed a throw blanket and sat next to Daveed who snaked his arm around me pulling me close and I pulled the blanket over us. "So, why ya leaving?" I started and wiped his tears. I sat there staring at him giving my full attention. "Well, my best friend and I are writing a movie and it's in California. So that's where I'll be headed, and I will continue my music out there as well but you wanna know thing I'll be doing most?" He said. "What?" I said looking at him who was already looking at me. "Missing you." He said. Awwe my floof. "I'm gonna miss you too." I said and hugged into him and I could feel my eyes burn with tears. "Sunshine don't be sad, that's why I didn't want to tell you. I didn't want you to hate me or spend time alone being sad, I want to enjoy my time with you and not focus on leaving and we've had so much fun together." He said. He's right, I can't sit here and be sad. "Your right" I said and grabbed his hand. "Come on!" I said and we ran out of my apartment. "What are we doing it's almost 1am?" He said looking confused. "I don't know but we are going to do something." I said. He entwined our fingers and together we walked down the streets of New York. We went into a couple of stores and got a snack here and there until we seen this guy playing music in the street and we walked up to listen. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see Daveed smiling like an idiot. "Ms. Tyler would you do me the honor of having this dance?" He asked and bowed to me holding out his hand for me to take it. He kissed my hand and pulled me into his arms. We danced to nice music not caring that there were a ton of people watching us. He spun me around causing to me to let out a big laugh and dipped me as the song ended.
It was rolling around 5 which meant the sun was going to come up soon. "Hey come on, I know where we should go next!" He said and grabbed my hand and we were off.

Daveed's POV

August and I had stayed up all night wondering in the streets, thankfully we don't have a show tomorrow. It was just around 5 and we had just finished dancing in the street. What could I do to make this better? Oh I know, that's perfect! "Hey come on, I know where we should go next!" I said and we ran off hand in hand. I felt like a teenager back in high school. To be honest I don't even remember when I pulled an all-nighter like this. We got some coffee from a little shop that was opened and of course I had to pay for her because I think a woman should never pay. "Floof, where are we going?" I heard her little voice behind me. I laughed at her because she started calling me 'floof' a couple months ago because of my hair. "You'll see" I told her. I pulled her through a path and never let go of her hand. We walked a little father just to make perfect timing for the sunrise. "Okay we made it." I said and her eyes lit up as she seen the view. "D this is beautiful! I remember this spot from that night after my first show." She said completely in awe. She is so cute. I can't believe she remembered! "Come here!" I heard and was pulled away. She set her phone on a tree stump and put the camera timer on so we could see the sunrise in the picture. She put on the timer and jumped on my back and we smiled. Then we did one where I was on her back. Then we did one where we were supposed to be smiling like normal but on the last second she licked my cheek and it made me make a gross face. Then we took a normal one. We sat down watching the sun come over New York and looked through all the pictures we took and August was in hysterics. "Omg look your face!" She said trying to catch her breaths but started laughing again when she looked at it which made me start laughing as well. She turned around so her back was toward me and I was confused for a second as to what she was doing but she then layed back and put her head in my lap and looked at me. "Why hello there." I said and made her giggle and blushed. She was amazing, wow. "Hiya" she said "honestly this is the most fun I've had in a while d." She said and it made my heart flutter. I want to tell her how I feel so bad but I can't. We will get attached to each other and when I leave it will go up in flames. "Me too sunshine." I said back while tangling my fingers in her long dark brown hair. "Speaking of sunshine, look" I said and pointed to where the sun was almost completely risen. She looked over and her face lit up. She was so mesmerized by the sunrise.

August's POV

It was around 8am now and the sun was completely up. I looked up to Daveed to find that he was already looking at me and when he seen that I noticed blush came to his cheeks. "What?" I asked giggling. "Oh, nothing, just admiring your stupid face." He said and I burst into laughter. "Oh you wanna go there Diggs?" I said and now it was his turn to laugh. "You have nothing against me, I'm perfect!" He said flipping hair. Oh, he had no idea. "Hm, think whatever you want but you know what I do have?" I said getting serious. "What?" He said. A major crush on you. "An empty stomach." I said. I was sooooo hungry. He sighed. "Fine we can go eat." He said and we got up and walked off and found our way back into the city. "Ooh here!" I said and pulled Daveed along with me. We walked into this cute little cafe that had just opened for the day. We were quickly seated and ordered what we wanted. I got a coffee and some pancakes and Daveed got orange juice with some kind of egg dish that sounded fancy. Our waiter brought us our food and we both dug in. "Omg!" We said at the same time and looked up at each other and burst into fits of laughter. I took out my phone and snapped a quick selfie of us at breakfast and took one of Daveed for Snapchat. What will I do without him?