~21~

August's POV

The car ride home was quiet. The boys tried to get me to talk but I really wasn't in the mood to talk. The ride went painfully slow but soon enough we arrived at my apartment building and the guys helped me get my bags from the shopping trip out of Daveed's car and walked me up to my apartment. Once we were inside Daveed went to the bathroom and came out with a cold wash cloth. "Sit" he aid and pointed to the couch. I walked over and sat with him sitting next to me facing each other. He placed the rag against my already bruising cheek and I winced in pain. His face filled with sadness, "I'm sorry sunshine" he said and placed the rag again gently on my cheek. "No, I'm sorry. If I didn't do that to the stupid napkin he wouldn't have done that" I said looking down. I was my fault, I should've just kept the napkin. No one would've gotten hit. "Stop, it is not your fault. He had absolutely no right to walk up to you and do that because you rejected him. You have the right to say no princess." He said still with sadness and he took the wash cloth from my cheek. "Yeah, you didn't do anything wrong." Rafa said as he took he rag from Daveed and brought it to the bathroom. "Okay but Daveed didn't have to hit him. I wasn't worth you getting in a fight" I said and he put his hand over my cheek, "babygirl, protecting you is the most important thing to me" he said in a whispered voice and for the first time in a long time, I felt important to someone. He inched closer and closer to me until we're centimeters apart. "Hey August? You got any goldfish?" We heard Rafa yell from the kitchen breaking our moment...once again. "Raf we just ate. But yeah, top shelf in the pantry." I yelled back but talking quieter on the last part. "Found them!" He said coming into the living room holding up the box of goldfish but stopping in his tracks when he seen Daveed and I. We still hadn't moved from our position of our almost kiss, thank you Rafa. "Well, it's getting late. I think I'm gonna head to bed. Goodnight guys." I said breaking our gaze. I hugged them both and walked to my room sneaking a glance at Daveed before shutting the door. I changed into an over sized shirt and jumped into bed. I pulled out my phone and checked my messages and read what my 'mom' said. She doesn't phase me anymore, I've learned that I am so much more than what she tells me. I deleted her messages and fell into a deep sleep.

The next day

I woke up at 8:30 to an empty apartment. After I went to bed I have no idea if the guys stayed or not. Oh well. I got out of bed and walked into the kitchen and went straight to the coffee maker where I seen a sticky note.

Morning sunshine! Rafa and I went home early this morning to shower and get some clothes, we will pick you up at 10 for rehearsals and the show — Daveed

I couldn't help but smile at the note, I don't know why but it just made me happy. I made a cup of coffee and I sat down to watch some Netflix. Sadly 2 episodes of Pretty Little Liars turned into a lot more and I lost track of time.
I heard a knock on the door and went over to open it. "Hey guys!" I said as the door revealed Rafa and Daveed. "Sunshine why are you not ready we have to be there in 30 minutes." Daveed said laughing. I looked down to see I was still in my pjs and without a word I ran to my room to grab clothes. I then raced into my bathroom and took the fastest shower I have in my life. "Can someone fill my purple bottle with water please!" I yelled as I got dressed in some leggings and crop top. I brushed my teeth and threw my hair into a high ponytail. I grabbed a sweater and put on my shoes. "Okay, I think I'm good!" I said and grabbed my bag and water. "Good, we got 10 minutes" Rafa said and we took off down stairs and went through traffic. We ran into the theatre and everyone was sitting on the stage. "Finally!" Lin yelled "Daveed get up here we are going to do Washington On Your Side!" He continued and Daveed ran off. I grabbed a seat in the audience and the Schuyler sisters came sit by me. "Omg what happened to your face?!" Pippa yelled and everyone turned their attention to me. "Pip, it's nothing. Sorry guys!" I said and they went back to what they were doing. The girls drug me into our dressing room and placed me in front of the mirror. "Girl, did Daveed do that?" Renée asked as the all looked at me. My bruise from yesterday was even darker. "No, he would never. Me, him, and Rafa went to eat out and our waiter hit on me. So when we asked for he check the guy wrote his number on a napkin and I crumpled it and put it in my drink and he walked over and hit me. Then Daveed got up and hit him." I tell them and their mouths were hanging open. "Yeah, I know. Come on!" I said and walked back out onto the main floor where everyone was and Daveed flashed a smile at me which I returned to him. We had a show at 12 so Lin let us off after rehearsing a few songs to get ready for the show.

I walked into the dressing room and took off my sweater because it was VERY hot. "Hey A, what's up." Oak said as he walked into the room. "Eh, nothing much, what about you?" I asked. He sat on our couch and started at the floor. "Oak, are you okay?" I asked and sat next to him. "Yeah, but I need advice." He said and I faced completely toward him to let him know he has my full attention. "Okay, shoot" I said and he looked at me. "Okay, so I was thinking of leaving Hamilton. There's a show that really wants me to audition but I don't know." He said. "Oak, you can't stay tied down to Hamilton forever. You have to go out there and have new experiences and you won't get that if you stay in one place. If you want it, go for it." I said and put a hand on his shoulder. "Thanks A, you always know what to say." He said and ran out. The girls came in and we started to get ready for the show. We took lots of pictures until the guys came in and photo bombed us. We all walked to the stage and got in our places as we heard Groff's voice announcing that the show was starting. Daveed and I did our hand shake and he walked off onto the stage.