~9~

August's POV

Daveed and I headed out to his car with his hand on my back and saying goodbye to everyone. He walked me to the passenger side and opened the door letting me hop in and made his way around. "Daveeeeeed" I said dragging out his name and leaning my head back onto the seat causing him to giggle. "Yes?" He asked me. "I'm hungryyyyy" I said while dragging out my words again making him really laugh. "Okay we can get something." He said and I cheered as we pull through a Starbucks. I ordered a wrap and a strawberry refresher and he ordered a muffin. I took out my wallet and handed him my card as we pulled to the window. "No, I got it." He said and smiled. "No d, I can't let you pay for me." I said trying to hand him my card. After much arguing he payed and we were off to Anthony's place. As I ate I looked around his very nice car and noticed a J bracelet around his wrist. "Ooh I like your bracelet." I told him admiring the piece of silver. "Thanks a fan gave it to me at a ham4ham since I play Jefferson." He said happily and before we knew it we were pulling up to Anthony's.
Daveed and I walked into the place with my hand tucked into his arm and our drinks in hand. "Hey there you guys are!" We heard Pippa say as we walked through the door and everyone ooohed. We laugh and heard "yea finally the 'love birds join us." Lin said. "Well Ms. Jefferson was hungry." Daveed said which made me turn a dark shade of pink. We cheers our drinks that were almost finished and sat down with the few cast members that were there. Daveed took the floor next to the couch and I sat next to him leaning on him and he slung his arm across me earning a look from Pippa and Renée causing me to blush. We all spent the night laughing about things that happened during the show. "Okay but how did you not see her? She was front and center?" Anthony laughed out. We were talking about some lady who downed 3 glasses of wine within the first two songs. "Because dude I was trying to act!" Lin called out earning a laugh from everyone. "I seen her! She looked sick by intermission." I said and Anthony nodded. The night went on like that and around 9:30 I was fighting sleep and I assume Daveed noticed. "Sunshine you can put your head on my shoulder if you want, I don't mind." He whispered in my ear and almost immediately my head met his shoulder and I sunk into his side with his arm still across me.

Daveed's POV

I felt August sink into me and I threw my arm across her watching her eyes close, when I heard her breathing change I knew she was out. "So Diggs, what's going on with you too?" Lin asked earning everyone's attention. I guess they noticed me staring. "Nothing's going on guys. At least not yet. She's my best friend and I'm scared that if something happens between us I'll lose her and she's too good to risk." I said truthfully not breaking my gaze away from her. "Well," I heard Renée start. "She's had it pretty tough Diggs, whatever you do, don't hurt her." She said with sincerity in her eyes. "What do you mean 'she's had it rough'?" I ask her confused. August had told me she had severe anxiety but nothing else. "Diggs, it's not my place to tell you, it hers. When the time is right she will come out with it." She said to me. How does she know so much about her. It rolled around 10 and we had a show tomorrow so I decided to get August home. I told everyone goodnight and carefully picked her up and walked to my car with the assistance of Oak. "Man don't mess this up." He said opening the car door so I could place August inside and buckled her, "What are you talking about?" I asked him and shut the door. "Look, I just know how much you like her and I'm rooting for ya man. She makes you happy, I can see it, we can all see it." He said. "Okay man if we go that far I won't, I promise." I said and he nodded and walked to his car to leave. I started the car and called her friend Maddie to tell her to unlock the door and that I was bringing A home. I arrived to her building and got her out of the car carefully not to wake her. I carried her bridal style inside and went up to her floor. I found her apartment number Maddie text me and quietly opened the door to see Maddie sitting on the couch and she looked up and smirked at me. "Her room is the first door on the right." She said knowing the question I was going to ask. "Thank you" I told her and walked to August's room. I gently set her down on the bed and covered her with a blanket. I went to walk out but then I felt something grab my hand, I looked down to see that she had grabbed it. "Stayyy" she said like a little kid. "I can't sunshine, you need your rest." I said crouching next to her. "Pleaaseeeee." She said while poking out her lip but never opening her eyes. How could I say no to her. "Okay okay." I said and laid next to her and she snuggled into me drifting back to sleep. "So I assume your staying Diggs?" I hear and look to Maddie who is leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed smirking. "I guess so" I said chuckling and we said our good nights. I looked down at August never wanting to break my gaze. She looked so peaceful. After tomorrow she will be going on in my place for the night and I can't wait to watch her. I should do something for her. My thoughts broke by her moving herself deeper into my side. I wrapped my arms around her and planted a kiss on the top of her head and heard a camera click. I turn to see Maddie once again at the door. "What I couldn't help it, you guys are too cute!" She said and I heard my phone ding. I open it to see Maddie had sent me the picture. "Goodnight Maddie" I said and she walked away smiling and I looked back down at the girl I was holding. What has she do one to me.