~12~

August's POV

The girls and I were ready and were starting to walk out of the room. "Wow! Look at you!" Daveed said when I walked out and blush quickly rose to my cheeks. He stood there staring at me while I did a twirl in my outfit. "Yea A lookin' good!" Chris said as he walked passed me. "Feeling good my guy!" I said laughing and high-fived him. Daveed was still staring at me. "Yo Diggs take a picture. It'll last longer." I said and his face became pink. He took out his phone and I posed as he took a couple of pictures of me, ending with a selfie of him and I. He walked me to our spot in the wing as the rest of the cast took their places. "You are going to be amazing. I'll be in the wing watching the whole time sunshine. Remember if you get nervous, look right at me." He said giving me a tight hug. We did our hand shake and he walked away and I soon seen him waving to me in the opposite wing. He gave me a thumbs up which I returned to him and the lights went out and Groff's voice filled the theatre meaning the show was starting. Well this is it, no going back now. Leslie walked out singing his opening lines. Then Anthony followed him. I came out and the audience started cheering which gave me confidence.
I kept looking over to Daveed who was watching the whole time and kept giving thumbs up and making funny faces at me to help me feel less nervous.

Intermission

It was now intermission and honestly I feel great. "You are doing amazing!" I heard come from Daveed and he hugged me spinning me around. "Thanks d! Let me go get dressed and then we can talk okay?" I said back to the gorgeous man in-front of me. "Okay doll." He said while he put me down making me blush. I bolted to my room, quickly changing for act 2 where I will now be Jefferson. I walked out to see Daveed talking to Lin looking super upset.hmmm I wonder what's up.

Daveed's POV

I put August down watching her run into her dressing room to change. As I waited on her Lin came up to me. "Hey man so did you tell her?" He asked. Shoot. "..no I didn't." I said letting out a sigh. "Man you really need to say something, she's going to be mad if she's the last to know your leaving." He said looking at me with somewhat anger and sadness in his eyes. "I know man, I know. I just need to find the right time." I said to him and he walked away. My best friend Rafael and I are going to California in a few months. I dreaded telling August, we've been doing this show for a year and a half and August only has for a week and a half but she fits in so perfectly as if she was here from day 1. Her door opened revealing her in the Jefferson outfit and I quickly snapped a photo of her. She looked absolutely gorgeous. "Are you okay? You look upset." She said as her face turned from pure joy to concerned. She was so sweet. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said putting on a smile. "Okay good! I need my emotional support system." She said and giggled as she walked back into the room and I followed. "So, do you really like them?" I asked her as she admired her flowers. "Daveed no one has ever done anything like this for me." She said as she hugged me. Was she being serious? How could no one ever do this for someone who is this amazing? "OKAY EVERYONE PLACES!" We heard Thayne yell down the hall. I walked her over to her spot and kissed her hand and said "go get 'em Ms. Jefferson." Making her blush. We did our hand shake and I took my spot from earlier waiting for the show to continue. I quickly got out my phone and recorded her performance of What'd I Miss. She absolutely blew me and everyone else away. I think he was better at playing me than me.........nah. But watching her dance around the stage was amazing.

After the show
August's POV

After the show we took our bows and headed off the stage where I was drug away by Maddie. "What is it with you people and pulling me everywhere." I said as we ran down the hall. "No time to talk! Change!" She said and pushed me into the dressing room. I didn't know what was happening so I quickly changed and hung my costume and the door swung open and I was picked up. What was happening. I was slung over someone's shoulder like a sack of potatoes headed who knows where. We were then outside and I was placed in the passenger side of the car and the mystery person carrying me was Oak and Daveed was in the driver's seat. "Hey princess." He said and smiled making my face turn red. "Hey sugar." I said now making him blush. "So where are we going?" I asked him still having no idea what's happening. "It's a surprise but, you will find out soon." He said smirking. I shook my head smiling and staring out the window. I must have fallen asleep because soon Daveed was shanking me awake. "Sunshine? Hello?" I heard and his face came into view and I smiled. "Finally! I thought you would never wake up!" He said laughing and helping me out the car. "Are we at my surprise yet?" I asked him while he guided me through a path. "Yes. Just, close your eyes and hold my hand." He said I did as he said and we walked for another minute or two. "Okay, I'm going to stand behind you now but don't look." He said I let go of my hand and I could then feel my back against his chest. "Okay, now!" He said and I opened my eyes and his arms wrapped around my waist. When my eyes focused I had the most beautiful view of New York. "Daveed..." I said speechless taking in the sight. "Beautiful isn't it? This is where I come to think." He said taking in the view as well. We stood there in a comfortable silence, in each other's presence. "C'mon" he said and we sat down. Him sitting behind me and I between his legs with my back against him while his arms were now around my shoulders. "Hey August?" He said still keeping his gaze on the city lights. "Yeah?" I answered. He waited a minute, almost like he was contemplating on telling me something.

Daveed's POV

We sat there on the ground taking in the sight of the city. I need to tell her I'm leaving. Tell her. Tell her now. My mind kept telling me to do it but I didn't want to ruin this moment but I had to say something. "Hey August" I start out with only keeping my gaze to the lights. "Yeah?" She asked turning her head and leaning farther against me putting her face in my neck making me blush. I looked down at her. Man I can't tell her now. "Wanna dance?" I asked. Honestly, I panicked. She started laughing. "Of course, I would love to." She said smiling. I stood up and found some random music on my phone and we slow danced together over New York.