~7~

The next day

I woke up to a bright sun in my face and an empty couch. I reach over to my phone and check the time seeing it was 7 meaning I have an hour to make it to the theatre. I had a couple of text from the cast.

Mad-dawg: hey girlie I woke up early to grab coffee, I'll pick one up for you.
Diggs: hey sunshine good luck in the shows today, your going to do great
Pippa: so I was thinking, all of us girls should have a girls night soon!
Mr.President: hey honey, your going to do great tonight!

Chris and I have become very close with in the past week and a half, he's grown to be like a father figure to me. My heart couldn't help but flutter when my eyes skimmed over Daveed's text. I replied to everyone and wishing them well today, we have 3 shows today and thank god Maddie was grabbing coffee because I was going to need it. I quickly got ready and grabbed my phone, water, and bag and made my way to the theatre.
When I walked in Daveed and Oak were running on the stage and everyone was giggling. "August!" I hear then I am lifted up off the floor by Daveed and thrown over his shoulder as he continues to run away from Oak. We we through the halls with my laugh filling the area. Anthony was taking over Snapchat today and videoed as we ran by and Daveed did a little twirl and continued to run. He ran all the way back to my dressing room and put me down and we were both out of breath. "Wow definitely did not expect to start my day like that but it was fun." I said while giggling and we walked inside my room. Daveed took place on our couch while I found my coffee from Maddie with my name on it and I sat next to Daveed. "Yea it was fun?" He said smiling. "You know what else would be fun?" He said and I gave him my full attention. "What?" I asked him. "A few of us are going to Anthony's place after the last show and it would be fun if you came." He said looking at me brightly. "Well Mr. Diggs, your in luck because after the last show I have nothing to do. So yes, I would love to." I told him and his smile got bigger. "Great" he said and he stood up with his hand out wait for me to take it. I took his hand and stood up and made our way to the stage to rehearse a couple songs.
"Okay everyone, we are going to run through My Shot, then Yorktown, then Non-stop. After that whoever is doing ham4ham can go and do that and we can get ready for our 10am show." Lin yelled and we took our places and started. Here and there while I was dancing I would catch Daveed smiling at me while trying to remember his steps. Soon we were finished and I headed to my room to get dressed into my ensemble costume when I was grabbed and was drug away. "Lin what are you doing." I asked and chuckled as I followed him. "Your doing the ham4ham today!" He said excitedly. "Uh, what?" I said now nervous. "Yeah! C'mon!" He said still pulling me. He leads me to the doors that open up to the crowd and I see Daveed, Chris, Groff, and Renée. "Hey guys" I said and they all gave me a hey. Lin then walks out and introduces all of us except for me, nowI'm alone while everyone is outside. "And for this ham4ham we have a special treat!" He started and everyone cheered. "This guest can be found on stage in the ensemble, but, Friday you will see her take the stage as Laffayette and Ms. Jefferson. Everyone give it up for August Tyler!" I hear Lin say and I walk through the big doors and see everyone cheering. Daveed sticks out his hand so I didn't fall coming onto the steps. The few of us stand to the side as some of the cast has skits or a performance. "August would you like to?" I hear breaking from my thoughts "huh?" I say and look up at Lin earning a laugh from everyone. "Would you like to perform?" He said. No I shouldn't. "Sure!" I said. Why'd I do that. Ugggh. "Great! What about What'd I Miss?" He said looking at me with hope. "Sure!" I said. Daveed played Madison and everyone else played their part. We sang the song perfectly and continued the show. "Now to close out this ham4ham," Lin started " when I first met August we salsa danced to In The Heights, August would you do it again?" Lin said while sticking out his hand "Of course!" I said taking his hand. The music started and Lin and I danced in the street with everyone cheering us on. Doing this definitely brought back memories of audition day. The day I met some of my closest friends, the day I met Daveed. Soon the song was finished and Lin and I bowed to the crowd and he pulled me in for a hug. "Everyone thank you for coming to the ham4ham, we hate to leave you guys but we must go get ready for the show!" He said and we walked back into the theatre. "August that was amazing!" Lin said with a bright smile. "Yea that was awesome!" They all said "thanks you guys! See y'all in a few," I said and I walked into my dressing to find Maddie, Pippa, Jazzy, and Renée dressed. "No Diggs." I said while stopping him from coming into the room. He gave me a pouty face "whyyyyyy" he said sounding like a child. "Because I need to get dressed, I'll see you in a few." I said and shut the door giggling as he walked away giving an "okay" and walked toward his dressing room. "Oooooh, how cute!" I heard Pippa shout as I walked over to my bag feeling my face heat up. "August you sooo like him!" Maddie said and it felt as if I turned a deeper shade of red. As I changed into my outfit the girls endlessly joked about Daveed and I. "Guys all you talk about is Daveed and I, can we talk about something else?" I ask while starting on my hair and makeup. "Ummm, no!" Jazzy said and did a motion as if she were thinking. We all laughed and we heard "Here wee have the girl's dressing room, let's see what they are talking about!" And our door opened to reveal Anthony doing a live on Instagram. "Here we have the Schuyler sisters!" He said and put the camera on the girls and they all waved. "And here we have Ms Maddie and Ms August!" He said and turned the camera to Maddie and I and we did a little wave. He set the camera up next to me on the vanity and continued the live in there. We answered questions and had cast members pop in and out of the room. "5 minutes to show!" We hear over the intercom and Anthony finishes the live to go finish getting ready. We all left the room and I hit something hard. "Oop, I'm sorry." Daveed. "No, its fine d." I said and gave him a smile. "Good luck tonight!" He said while wrapping me in a hug. "You to! You'll be great!" I said with my face in his chest. "Places everyone! Places!" We heard and we walked to our spots with Daveed's arm around me. We start in the same wing so we always walk together.
"How does a bast..."
Let the show begin.