~20~

August's POV

I woke up to an empty bed. Daveed must've moved me last night. I pulled the covers up to my face and snuggled into them while closing my eyes again. "Good morning sunshine!" I heard and my eyes shot open as Daveed burst in through the door. "I got your coffee madam" he said while handing me my coffee mug. When I took a sip it tasted like pure heaven. "Mmm, it's so good d" I said sitting up and rubbing my eyes as he crawled in next to me with his cup. "Why thank you honey" he said and my faced started to head up. "Honey I'm home!" We hear from outside the room and Daveed and I both give each other a puzzled look until he realizes who it is and shoots out of bed almost spilling his coffee. I watched him run out the room like a kid on Christmas. "Hug me brotha!" I hear him yell and a bunch of laughing. I get out of bed to go see what all the noise was and I walked out to see Daveed hugging a tall guy with blondish hair. "Um, hi?" I said but it came out as more of a question. Both of the boys turn to me. The blonde one smirks and eyed me up and down and when Daveed noticed he pushed his friend. "August,this is Rafael but you can call him Rafa. Rafa this is August." Daveed said as I walked closer. "Hi, I Digg's best friend" Rafa told me hugging me. "Um excuse me? Who told you that lie" I said while pulling out of the hug. "Daveed did" he said chuckling. "Well he probably didn't want to hurt your feelings by not having you as his best friend." I said giggling. "Maybe but in all seriousness, Daveed has told me ALOT about you" he said making my cheeks go red. "All good things I hope." I said and winked and Daveed making him blush. "Oh definitely" he said and walked off into the kitchen. I took a seat on the couch and Daveed followed. "Hey sunshine?" He asked staring off into space. "Yes?" I said. "Who's Candace?" He said and I almost spit out my coffee. "How did y-'' I started but he cut me off. "Some one named Candace sent you some really nasty texts last night. Your phone was blowing up so when I checked it there was a Candace texting you." He said now looking at me with a worried expression. "Well, she's my 'mom'." I started. "Sunshine do you want to talk about it?" He asked and I nodded my head. "So when I was little my parents got divorced and both became addicted to alcohol. My dad tried to go to rehab, he hated that he drank all the time but he couldn't stop. Mom on the other hand would constantly bring guys in and out of our house. Most of the time my sister and I would hide in a closet so she wouldn't yell or hit us and I found dance as a way to escape. My dad tried to see us but mom would never let him, only for family gatherings. When I graduated high school, I told her that I wanted to perform and she told me I was stupid and should be a doctor like my sister but I didn't want that. When I turned 18 I packed up and left and now here I am." I said. It wasn't until Daveed wiped the tears from my cheeks I noticed I was crying, and so was he, and so was Rafa who I didn't even notice was in the room. Both the guys jumped onto me causing me to laugh. "Today we are not going to be sad!" He said and ran around the room with me making me giggle more. "Let's go out today!" Rafa said and Daveed and I agreed.

3 hours later

"No d we aren't going to die!" I said giggling as we loaded onto the Ferris wheel. " but what if we do!" He said. Daveed was freaking out, apparently he 'doesn't do heights'. "Look hold my hand." I said and he grabbed it. Some how we found our way to a Ferris Wheel and I really wanted to ride it so Daveed and Rafa played Rock Paper Scissors and the loser had to ride with me. When we made it to the top the sight was beautiful. I took out my phone and took a picture of the view and then turned the camera to snap some selfies of Daveed and I. After sending him the photos I put my phone away. "You know this is nice." He said looking at me and smiling. "Yeah, it is. I wish we could stay like this forever." I said while still looking out. "Me too sunshine, are you ready to take over Ms. Jefferson in the show?" He asked me. "Not at all" "sunshine, your gonna do amazing. He said and wrapped his arm over my shoulder. "I know but when I take over it means you'll be gone, and I won't have my good luck charm." I said truthfully. Sure I did good while Daveed was here but when I start that means he will be gone and god knows when I will get to see him after that. "I know, it's gonna suck but we will be okay." He said "Dav, I'm not ready to let you go." I said looking up at him with tears starting to form. "I know,I'm not either. But sugar no one is ever ready to say goodbye, let's just call this a, 'see you later'." He said and pulled me closer to him. "Woah!" He yelled as the Ferris wheel started moving again bringing us back to the ground.
We got off and seen Rafa waiting on us with our shopping bags. "Finally! Can we go get food? Im so hungry!" He said as we walked up. "Yeah, I can eat." I said while giggling. "Let us go!" Daveed yelled and ran off with Rafa and I following him earning looks from people around us. We found a cute little cafe and sat down at a table. "Hi can I take your order." The waiter said with all his attention to me. I looked at Daveed who was very upset and Rafa had both eyebrows raised. "Yeah, I'll have a sprite" Daveed said and the waiter completely ignored him. Daveed then grabbed my hand that was resting on the table, brought it up to his lips and kissed it "what do you want honey"he said and smirked at the waiter. "I'll just have a water" I told the waiter who rolled his eyes. "I'll have coke" Rafa said trying to hide a laugh. The waiter wrote down the drinks and walked away clearly mad and we all burst into laughter. "That was a good one d" I said laughing. "Yeah bro, nice!" Rafa said and high fived him. The waiter came back with our drinks, took our orders and walked away still trying to 'flirt' with me. When we asked for the check, the waiter brought them along with a napkin that he placed in front of me. The guys looked at me with raised eyebrows. I flipped it over and seen he had written on it.
(344)456-7896 in case it doesn't work out sweetheart:)
Daveed read it and his face turned red from anger, I could see the waiter watching me out of the corner of my eye and I turned to him and smiled. I crumbled up the napkin and shoved it in what was left of my drink and his face fell. He walked over to our table "YOU BITCH!" He yelled and slapped me across the face causing me to fall out of my chair. Daveed shot up and gave the guy a good hit and Rafa pulled him off the waiter. "Sunshine are you okay?" Daveed asked as they helped me off the floor and the waiter was taken to the back. The manager came out to apologize and told us that our meal was taken care of and we left.