~13~

3 months later
August's POV

It is now October and things on Hamilton could not run anymore smoothly. Sadly Leslie left to pursue his music and we could not be more proud of him. Daveed and I have grown closer, if that was even possible, as well as the cast and I. The cast says we act like a married couple. Unfortunately Maddie had to move back home due to her mom being very sick so she isn't living with me anymore, I miss my best friend. Lin and his wife Vanessa just had a sweet baby boy named Sebastian. And I do Daveed's roles as Laffayette and Jefferson 2 nights a week now. Tonight we didn't have a show so Daveed and I are hanging out at me place. No we haven't kissed. No we aren't together. Sadly.

"So, what movie do you wanna watch?" I asked him. "Um, how about that movie Annabelle?" He said I hated scary movies and he knew that but I agreed anyway. "I'll get the popcorn!" Daveed shouted running to the kitchen. "I'll get the drinks!" I yelled and ran after him. We stood in the kitchen talking and waiting for the popcorn to finish. "Oh come on, you do not!" He said arguing with me. "Just admit it D! I do you better than you!" I said. "Hi! I'm Daveed! And even though I look this fabulous, there isn't much up here." I said mocking him and doing his famous Jefferson 'pimp limp' around the kitchen sending him into hysterics. "Oooh hi I'm August! I was named after a month!" He said making his voice go high and princing  around on his tip toes making me laugh. "Hey!" I said and threw the nearest thing to me at him. A knife. No I'm totally playing it was a hand full of popcorn. "Oh you wanna go there Tyler?" He said crouching down to look at me in the face being that I was shorter than him. "Bring it Diggs." I said back and instantly regretted it. I turned to run and there was a knock on the door "It's open!" I yell as Daveed chased me around the kitchen and living room area. The door opens and Oak, Anthony, Pip, Renée, Jazzy, Lin, Groff,and Chris are standing there watching us. "Oh hey guys!" I said stopping for a moment as they came in when I was grabbed and body slammed on the couch. Daveed then started tickling me sending me into uncontrollable laughter with everyone cheering Daveed on. "Wait stop! I'm gonna pee!" I yell at him. "Ew!" He says and quickly moves his hands. "Guys I'll be back." I said trying to catch my breath as I walk to the bathroom.

As I come back down the hall from handling my business I hear "Dude you still haven't told her? You had since June." Sounded like Oak. What does he need to tell me? "Look I want to guys I really want to and I meant to...several times! It's just every time I get her in the moment I freak out and can't do that. I don't want to hurt her." I heard Daveed say. Wtf is happening? I stayed behind the corner where they couldn't see me and kept listening. "Yeah but dude, you do realize that since you waited to tell her last that your leaving, it's going to hurt her more?" Lin. He was leaving? Why? Why couldn't he talk to me? My eyes started to burn due to the tears forming. Everyone knew except me? I began to grow angry. I stepped out to where they could see me, Daveed sat on the floor with his back turned to me. When they all looked up and seen me they all got quiet and when Daveed noticed he turned around. A wash of sadness comes over him.

Daveed's POV

I look up to the rest of the cast as we talk about me telling August that I'm leaving. Suddenly everyone was quiet and I knew exactly why. In that moment my whole world came crashing down. I turned around and seen August standing in the hallway with tears streaming down her face. My heart broke, I knew what I was about to get. "Your leaving?" She said quietly trying to steady her breathing and not choke on her tears. "Listen sunshi-'' I said standing up but she cut me off. "Who else knew? And don't you dare lie or so help me god." She said still in a low voice and everyone in the room raised their hand. When she watched everyone's hands go up, it was like I could see her heart break even more and tears started to form in my eyes now. "Daveed" she said and I couldn't believe it. No one in the room could. She hasn't called me by name in months.My heart broke even more. "Why would you keep this from me?" She said looking at me with pain in her eyes. "Look A, I meant to tell you but" I started "But what? I wasn't important enough to know these things with everyone else? Because guess what you are the most important person in my life now! We're you just going to leave with out saying anything to me? Just let me figure it out?" She said letting more tears fall and her voice getting louder. "You are important to me A." I said taking a step closer to her. "Yeah, I thought I was too." She said quietly and walked out to her room and slammed the door. I sat on the floor as I watched the girls make their way into August's room. When the door shut after the girls walked in I could hear her crying. I started to get up to check on her but Chris advised me not to so I laid down on the floor and as tears spilled out and my hands covered my face. What have I done.