~10~

August's POV

I woke up to an empty bed wondering where Daveed had went. I turn over on my side to see a note laying on my phone.

Hey gorgeous, sorry I won't be here when you wake up. I had to leave to get ready for rehearsals. Don't stress about the roles today, you are going to kill it! -Daveed

I blushed reading over where he called me gorgeous but then my thoughts were replaced by thoughts of me taking his place tomorrow. I could feel an anxiety attack come over me as my hands started to shake. I stood up and ran to my bathroom looking for my medicine it turns out it was empty. Great. 'There's no way you can do the show tomorrow! Your not talented enough!' 'They only pitied the part to you so you could feel special' 'they are going  to regret choosing you once they see you tomorrow' 'you can't even jump on time! And you call your self talented.' All these thoughts going through my causing me to curl into a ball as my tears start to flow. It's true , I can't even jump on time. Memories from the other day's rehearsals started flooding in and I remembered how horrible I did that day and I became terrified that I would do it during the show. "Maddie!" I yelled at hoping she would hear me and come to me knowing she always knew how to help but I got no answer. "Maddie!" I yell louder. I gained the strength to get off the floor and look for her but our house was empty. My legs became shaky and I leaned on the wall and slid down and found the floor. I felt totally alone.
After another 20 minutes of trying to calm myself down I finally started to get ready for rehearsals. I walked to my closet and picked some leggings and a Hamilton crop top and threw my hair in a high ponytail and grabbed my things and headed to the theatre. I walked in earning stares from some of he cast members, I knew my eyes were still red and my face was still puffy but I didn't care, I just needed to find Maddie. I walked to my dressing room emotionless and sure enough Maddie and oak were in there. I stood in the door and they both turned to me looking shocked. My Laffayette and Jefferson costumes were hanging in the room and when I saw them it brought more tears to my eyes as thoughts from earlier came flooding back. I was pulled into a hug by Maddie who was trying to get something out of me. "Hon what's wrong?" She said rubbing my back. "My medicine is out and I couldn't find you this morning and I started thinking about tomorrow and rehearsals from the other day." I told her trying to choke back tears. "Oh honey everything is fine, you are doing great." She said and walked to the closet taking out a bottle of water and what looked like a pill bottle. "Sit down" she said and I sat next to oak who looked sorry and confused. Maddie said " I knew you were getting low so I picked them up this morning and brought them here." She said and handed me my medicine and the water and I quickly took it. With in a few minutes my mind was at ease and I was more relaxed. "Okay, I'm ready." I said and stood up and walked out to the stage sitting on the Laffayette desk that was in the corner of the stage.

Daveed's POV

I walked into the theatre with Anthony and Jasmine, I felt bad for leaving August this morning, I really wished I could've stayed with her. Us three walked into the room to see almost everyone is here and I watch and August makes her way across the stage with her head down and sits on the Laffayette desk and I instantly knew something was wrong. I walk closer taking the front row of the audience ,she starts to look around and her eyes were bloodshot and were filled with sadness. I instantly get up and hop onto the stage and pick her up earning looks from everyone and I bring her off stage. "What's wrong A?" I ask and pull her into a hug. At first she is very tense but eases up and buried her head into my chest. We stood there and she told me what happened and my heart broke. "I shouldn't have left you." I told her feeling guilty. "No Daveed it's not your fault." She said to me. "Yeah but if I had been there I cou-" I started but she cut me off. "No, its fine. Your here now and I feel better." She said and I still looked at her with sadness. "Hey," she started and put a hand on my cheek. "I fine now, I promise." She said trying to look convincing. I nodded my head and we returned to the stage.

1 hour later
August's POV

I just walked off stage for now. I ran through everything as Laffayette and Jefferson and I was wore out. It's only 11 and we don't have to start getting ready for the show until around 4 so thankfully I have time to kill. As I made my way into my dressing room I seen the girls sitting there like they were waiting for me to tell them something. I go to walk in but I am pulled away by a running Daveed. "Wha-" I said while holding his hand and running out the back doors. I turn around and see the girls stick their heads out the door laughing and Oak waving down the hall. "Daveed what are you doing?" I so as we walk down the street. "We are are going to have lunch." He said still never letting go of my hand and lead me to a very cute looking cafe. We sat down and a waitress walked over "hi what can I get for you two?" She said smiling. "I will have a BLT and a coke." Daveed said and she turned to me "oh I'll just have a donut and a coffee." I said smiling as the waitress walked off. "What?" I said as Daveed looked at me. "That's all you want?" He said. "Yeah, I can't eat a ton on show day." I said and we continued to talk and make jokes.

"Okay how did you manage to flip a boat?" I said between giggles "Oh Ms. Tyler I am talented in many ways." He said smiling at me taking a sip of his drink while I'm still laughing. A few moments pass as we continue our conversation when we were interrupted by an older couple. "Excuse me, we seen you guys over here and we think you make a beautiful couple." A little old man said along side his wife. "Oh n-" I start off but I'm cut off by Daveed. "Thank you guys, we appreciate it." He says winking at me and flashing his million dollar smile and I feel my cheeks get warm.The couple walks away and we go to pay only to find out that someone has paid for our meal. We head out and make our way back to the theatre talking non-stop.