~3~

One week later~

So it's been about a week since Maddie and I have started rehearsals and its been absolutely amazing but it was also super stressful. When I have a lot of stress built up I use dance as a way to get it out so I decided to head to the theatre early today to release some of this stress. Lin said for everyone to start arriving around 8 so i woke up around 6:30. I quickly got ready, grabbed my purse and my water bottle and left a note for Maddie and headed out the door. The theatre wasn't far so I walked. I went through the backstage door and headed to my dressing room who I share with Philipa, Jasmine, and Renée. I set my bag down and slip on my tap shoes, grab my phone and water and head to the stage. The stage lights were on so thankfully I wouldn't have to figure that out. I found some random song on my phone and started tapping, letting the sound of my shoes melt away every worry I had. When the song finished I heard clapping and seen the silhouette of a person sitting in the audience. I began to grow nervous hoping it wasn't some creep trying to kill me."Hello?" I call out and then I hear "It's just me sunshine" and I immediately knew who it was. "Diggs?''. "Yea its me" I hear him call back out and I instantly relax. Since I got the understudy role for his characters we've been spending a lot of time together and have become very close. "Whatcha doing here this early?" He asked me while coming onto the stage. "Oh I'm just dancing, gotta let some things go and this is the best way to do so." I told him. "Wait its like 7:30 why are you here?" I questioned him. "I don't know just had some stuff on my mind and couldn't sleep much last night, so I decided to come down before everyone got here." He explained. "Ah" I said and nodded my head understandingly. I walk over to my water and sit down with Daveed following. We sat in silence for a little while, but it wasn't an awkward silence, it was comfortable. "So," Daveed started, "Are you excited for your first show?" He asked. "Honestly, I'm terrified" I told him as I start it fidget with the hair tie around my wrist. "Why? You have no reason to be, your killing it at rehearsals." He said looking at me and scooted closer to me. "Yea I do fine when I'm in the ensemble, but as soon as I take Laffayette I get my words wrong, or I miss my cues. I don't know if I can be your understudy Diggs." I told him in a whisper not wanting to get emotional. I feel so defeated. I feel like a failure. I hate when I feel like this but its true, I'm awful. "Hey," Daveed began and he put his hand on my cheek so i was forced to to look at him. "You are not a failure, and sure you don't have it perfect yet but its okay. It's a hard role, I had trouble too and now look, I can do it in my sleep. Your going to get there." He spoke and he really made me believe i could do it. We sat there in silence with my head still in his hands staring at each other. He started to move closer, gently pulling my face to meet his, and then...