~4~

Lins POV

"Okay how dare you say that tea is better than coffee?" "Because it is Oak, its better in every way possible." Philipa and Oak had been arguing all morning about if tea is better than coffee. "Guys, please, its too early to be arguing" I said as we walked through the big front doors that lead to the theatre. "Well Linny, thats your fault for putting rehearsals so early." I heard Oak say.They continued to convince me to pick a side as we walk through the lobby and into the main area. I stop in my tracks and see someone on stage. I flick the lights on only to find Daveed sitting alone looking rather upset. "Diggs? What are you doing here" i ask him. He looked at me with sadness in his eyes and said "I couldn't sleep, so i figured I would come in early." Hm. His eyes trailed off not daring to look at me before he got up and walked off the stage.

Augusts POV

"Guys, please, its too early to be arguing." Dang it. Lin's voice boomed through the quiet theatre breaking Daveed and I out of our gaze. "Well, I guess we should go warm up. You know, before everyone starts coming in." I told him "Oh, right" he said almost with sadness? I got up and headed straight to my dressing room while hearing someone who sounded like Lin talking to Daveed. I get to my dressing room and sit at the vanity with my head in my hands. WHAT WAS THAT? Was Daveed really going to kiss me? Why did Lin have to come in at that second? "Why, why, why?!" I asked out loud to no one in particular. "Why what? And when did you get here?" I looked up as Pippa's words rang through my ears as she burst through our dressing room door. "Nothing" I told her smiling. "Yea thats a big lie, spill." She told me while she sat on our couch. "Hold up! We wanna hear!" Our heads shoot over to Jasmine and Renée who are running into the room and shutting the door. They take their places next to Pippa and wait for me to say something. "Well, before you guys got here, Daveed and I had a...moment." I started out with. "I knew you guys liked each other!" Jasmine calls out and quickly stands up. "You guys kissed?" Pippa shouted while Renée looked like a proud mom. "No, we didn't, we almost did." I explained and told them how we got to that moment. A long "Awwww" poured out from the girls. "Yea, it sounds cute but also, nothing happened so you girls can save your awes." I told them while turning back around to the mirror and my head returned to my hands. "Well, did you want it to happen?" I hear one of the girls ask. "Yes, no, maybe, I don't know. I really like him but I don't want to ruin anything, him and I have a great friendship and I don't want to risk it." I told them. All of a sudden we hear "Everyone places on the main stage,we are about to begin." Renée was the first to walk over and put her arms around me followed by the other girls. "Honey, when the time is right, it will happen. So don't let it get you down." She said and we all walked out to the stage.

Daveed's POV

After talking to Lin briefly I walked back toward my dressing room. I sat on the couch alone in the room. Why didn't I kiss her? Did she want to kiss me? God I don't know what to do, what would this mean for our friendship? "Hey man there you are. Did you kiss August or something?" Oak asked and he quickly snapped me out of my thoughts. "Almost but no. How do you know that?" I quickly shot at him. "Well, I just so happened to be walking by the girl's dressing room, and I heard your name and something about a kiss." He told back then we heard Lin's voice over the intercom saying we had to go to stage. Great now I have to face her. Oak and I headed to the stage.