~8~

August's POV

"Who lives, who dies, who tells your story..."
The show had just finished and now we got to break for lunch. It was so much fun! It was full of laughs and tears and running around during intermission. "Hey you did so good!" I heard Daveed who pulled me into a hug where I was lifted off my feet and spun around. "Thanks, you were amazing out there d." I said truthfully. I loved watching Daveed perform, he was born to play Laffayette and Jefferson. "Thank you sunshine." He said looking at me. Our next show started at 1:30 and it was 12 now so we had a good hour and a half. "Come on!" He said and pulled me down the hall to the kitchen and everyone was looking at us with grins. What's up with them? I grabbed some pizza that I think Thayne picked up and sat down next to Christopher. "So, you and Diggs are getting close huh?" He asked smiling at me as Daveed walked out to use the bathroom. "I guess" I said and looked down at my plate feeling my face heat up. "Well he's a good guy. And I'm not just saying that because he's my friend." Oak said and everyone nodded. "Yeah, your like our sister, if it wasn't true then we would tell you otherwise." Anthony said while sitting on the arm of the couch.
It's true, these people were my family. My parents were never around after I turned 13. They got a divorce and both became addicted to alcohol, Maddie has been my best friend since kindergarten and introduced me to dance and I fell in love with it, I then started using it as a way to release pressure and anger from home. Renée and Chris have become like my parents, I know I can talk about anything and they won't judge me.
"Hey sunshine can you come with me?" I hear breaking me out of thought. I look up to see Daveed standing there and everyone giving me a look. "Uh, yeah." I tell him with blush reappearing on my cheeks. I stand up and follow him out. He grabs my hand and leads me up some stairs which I found out lead to the roof. He opened the door and let me through. "Diggs, what is this?" I ask. "What, I just wanna hangout with my friend." He said. Friend. We walk over to a swing and sat down. From here e looked over all of New York City. We talked and talked laughing at random stuff. "So, I didn't know you could dance like that. Well I did from the audition day but your awesome." He said referring to the ham4ham. "Yeah, my dad was originally from Spain so dance was a big thing at family celebrations." I said looking to him. "Can you teach me?" He asked. "What?" I said letting out a chuckle and him doing the same. Good god his smile. "I'm serious can you teach me?" He said looking at me. "Okay!" I said and stood up reaching my hand for him to take it. He gladly took it and I led him away from the swing. "Okay," I started to say holding both his hands. I taught him a few basic moves and a couple of harder ones. "Fabulous! Now let's put it to music." I said and he looked scared but agreed. The music started and I guided him through it. "Ah!" I screamed as he threw me over his shoulder and ran around while the music continued to play.

Oak's POV
They just called for the 5. Minute places and Daveed and August still aren't here. "Does anyone know where they went to?" I hear Lin say. "I'll go look." I tell him knowing exactly where they were. Daveed told me he wanted to get sometime alone with her that didn't involve work so we set up a little hangout place on the roof. I walked up the stairs and heard loud laughing, well that's a good sign. I quietly open the door and see August over Daveed's shoulder laughing while he's running around. "Hey did you find th" I heard Lin say loudly "shhh!" I told him and pointed not wanting to ruin their moment. "We gotta go oak." Lin tells me. "Okay, okay. I'll get them." I say and he walks down the stairs.

Daveed's POV
I threw August over my shoulder and heard her laugh and it was the most precious sound to me. We heard a cough and our heads whipped around to see Oak standing at the door. "Guys I hate to interrupt but we have to take places." He said and walked away. I put August down and she hugged my torso. "Thank you" she said. "For what?" I asked her being very confused. "For getting work off my mind for a little while." She said and pulled me back into the building. "The pleasure was all mine sunshine." I said. She's cute when she blushes. We walked hand in hand to our spots earning a thumbs up from oak which I returned. We took our place in the wing and I quickly hugged her and wished each other luck as we seen Leslie walk onto stage.

Time skip to after the last show that night
August's POV

We just took our final bows for the night and exited the stage. Everyone was so pumped and full of energy, glad they were because I am definitely not. I'm exhausted. I head to the dressing room with the girls and change out of my ensemble costume and throw on my comfy clothes and hang my costume. "Ready to go?" I hear Daveed ask and his hands wrap around my waist from behind. "Yeah, just about." I tell him while I pack all of my things and clean. The girls notice the blush on my face and give me a look. I swear they will never let me live this down. "Hey A, need a ride home?" Maddie asked. "No, Daveed and I are going to Anthony's house." I told her and smiled and she noddd her head and left.