~18~

August's POV

"So... that was something" he said sitting on the swing as if he were still trying to process it, but I don't blame him. So am I, you kiss your best friend and the only thing you can think is what the hell. "Yeah" I said back. "Look sunshine, I didn't know that was going to happen so if you think that was me trying to make a move on you, I wasn't" he said with a sigh. Oh so he isn't trying for anything I guess. "I know, I could tell by the way you looked out there." I said laughing at him "woah now! Me?" He said while putting a hand over his heart acting like he was offended. "Uh, yes you! You looked like you were gonna throw up." I said still giggling. "Well at least I didn't look like you" he fired at me while laughing. "Oh really? You should be honored if you ever got the chance to look like me." I said while standing up in front of him and posing. "Yeah, because I wanna look like a troll" he said while standing up. Now it was my turn to act offended. "Sir, I'll have you know I am the most beautiful creature you will EVER lay your eyes on!" I said and he nodded his head. "Yeah I guess you are pretty beautiful...but oak is mighty fine too." He said and we burst into fits of laughter. He pulled me to the ledge of the roof and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders with my back against him, looking over the busy streets of New York. God I want this man soooo bad. He's too perfect. His laugh is amazing, his smile, the fact that he's so chill and fun to be around. Ever since I met him he's all I could think about and he's the only person I have left. Of course I have the cast and we are all close but Daveed and I are closer. Maddie left, my family left, soon Daveed will too and I am definitely not ready. "You okay?" I hear and see Daveed's hand wave in front of my face. "Huh? Sorry, I was thinking." I told him and moved to the side so I could look up at him. "Oh yeah? About whaattt?" He said smirking. "Do you think fish get sad?" I asked with a straight face and he burst laughing once again and I could feel his chest vibrate  against my back. "Look sunshine, about that kiss" he started and my heart rate quickened. This is it, he hates me and doesn't want to be my friend anymore. "I really like you, but I can't be with you." He said and I felt my heart break. "I really like you too." I said and turned around to face him, that was all I could say because I was afraid that I would start crying if I went on anymore. "You see, because I'm leaving it's already hard. If we become more and I leave, it will make things even harder on us. And princess your too valuable to lose." He said and but cupped my cheeks looking so deep into my eyes I thought he could see my soul. "I agree, I don't want to lose you either d." I said and he pulled me into a hug. Ding. I looked at my phone and seen that it was a reminder to get ready for the show. "Come on love." Daveed said making blush at the name he called me. He took my hand and we left the roof and headed back inside the theatre.
"Oh my god! It worked!" We hear and see everyone in the cast high-fiving and cheering strange looks from Daveed and I. "What worked?" I said and they looked at us with bright smiles. "Oh! We planned to get you guys to kiss so you can get together!" Lin said. "Sorry guys but we aren't together... we're just friends" Daveed said and looked at me and the rest of the cast 'awed' and walked to the dressing room. Daveed walked me to mine letting go of my hand "I'll see you in a bit" he said and walked down the hall to his room. I shut the door and changed into my ensemble costume. Wow, I really had no chance with Diggs. At least not now. The girls walked into the room and started talking about some guy Pippa saw while getting coffee or something, I don't know I wasn't really listening. "Girl are you okay?" I heard and turned around to see all the girls staring at me. "Oh, yeah I'm fine. Just lost in thought I guess" I said. "You look sad. Is it about the Da" Jasmine started but we heard a knock on the door cutting her off . "Come in" I yelled and the door swung open revealing a brightly smiling Daveed leaning against our door. "Ready sunshine?" He said. "I guess so, break a leg guys!" I said running over to Daveed and we walked out together. We heard a faint "you too!" And continued our journey to our opening places. Groff's voice boomed over the speakers giving his royal introduction and Leslie walked out on stage starting the show followed by Anthony. Daveed and I did our handshake fairly quickly as he made his way onto the stage.

After the show

Once we took our bows we all headed straight to our dressing rooms and sadly Daveed didn't walk with me but I was super tired and was just ready to go home. Once I changed I grabbed my stuff and left the room telling everyone I passed goodbye and asking if they'd seen Daveed. "Hey Lin! Do you know where Daveed ran off to? No one seems to know where he is." I said knowing that Lin can't keep a secret very well. "Nope. Sorry sugar but you did great tonight." He said keeping a straight face. Either he was telling the truth or he was getting better at lying. Dang, where was Daveed.