~17~

August's POV
The next day at the ham4ham

Honestly I don't remember much from last night only that we all watched tv and I fell asleep with Daveed because jazzy took a picture of us. Anyway, tonight we have a show and a ham4ham which is what I'm getting ready for now. "Hey you" I hear and seen Daveed leaning against my door frame. "Hey!" I tell him cheerfully as I finish braiding my hair, I did two Dutch braids that went into pigtails. "Well don't you look nice?" He said causing me to blush. Does this man ever give me a break? I'm always red around him. "Why thank ya!" I said and he came over and wrapped his arms around my shoulders hugging me from behind and he took out his phone and took a picture of us. "You doing the ham4ham?" I asked him "yes ma'am" he said smiling when Lin came into my room with a crying Sebastian. "A, please help! He won't stop." He said looking like he was going to cry himself. "Hand him over!" I said taking the baby in my arms. I cradled him and swayed back and forth and started to sing Blow Us All Away. When I finished the song sebby finally fell asleep and I noticed Daveed had videoed me. "Awe you look so cute! Like a little mommy!" He said and pinched my cheeks making me laugh. "You are in such a good mood today! Is there any reason?" He said. "No, I can just feel it will be a really good day today!" I said and we walked out to Lin's room to put his child down. "Oh my goodness thank you so much!" He said looking relieved and gave me a hug when I put him down. "It's no problem Linny" I said and Thayne walked in since we were about to start the ham4ham almost everyone was doing it and none of us could watch the baby. We all walked out into the street after being introduced and the crowd erupted into cheers. This was gonna be fun!

Time skip to the end of ham4ham

So Groff, Anthony, and Oak just finished doing the Schuyler Sisters with Pippa as Burr and it was the funniest thing ever! We even had a girl come on from the crowd and rapped Guns and Ships! "Okay and to close out the show can I get Ms. Tyler and Mr. Diggs?" Lin said and Daveed and I looked at each other both confused. "So, they are going to be singing helpless! Let's give it up for them!" Oh I am going to kill him. I turn to Daveed and I knew he we nervous just like me. Well here goes nothing.
"Boy you got me helpless, look into your eyes and the sky's the limit I'm helpless,
Down for the count and I'm drowning and I'm..."
We went on through the song with me singing for Eliza and Daveed singing as Alexander and I was going fine until we were getting to the wedding scene and I realize, I have to KISS DAVEED! I think he realized too bc he looked nervous. Everyone walked with their pair with Daveed at the end and then it came to me.
"Helpless..."
I sang and then the next thing I know Daveed grabs my face and pulls me in and our lips finally touch. Fireworks. Fireworks everywhere. This isn't how I imagined our first kiss but here we are. KISSING. At first I thought he was just doing it became of the song but then I didn't hear anymore music playing and we were still kissing. Next thing I hear is whooping and Hollerith from everyone. He finally pulled back and we smiled at each other with blush coming to our cheeks and he pulled me in for a tight hug. I knew it was going to be a great day.
We all walked back into the theatre and Daveed had his arm around me and everyone was talking about the show we just did and about our kiss. "Hey can we go talk?" I heard Daveed say. "Uh, yeah sure." I said and he held my hand and led me to the roof and we sat on our swing. We normally came up here to get away from everything or need to talk. Was my kiss really that bad? Or did he not just feel the same way I did?