~5~

1 hour later
August's POV

Well all I can say is, that its only 10 am and I am already ready to go home. Today is absolutely not my day. I have been doing Guns and Ships for 30 minutes and can not get it right for the life of me. I keep missing steps and mixing up words and forgetting some. "Okay August, go ahead and take a break and we can come back in 20. Let's run through One Last Time!" I hear Thomas yell and bolt off the stage to my dressing room. I get a drink of water, shut the door, and let out a scream. I can't do this. Why would Lin pick me to play Digg's understudy? I started to feel my hands shake and suddenly I felt weak and sat on the floor hugging my knees as I felt an anxiety attack come over me. I sat in total silence, that was until my door burst open. "Sunshine, what's wrong?" And I knew it was Daveed immediately. I didn't dare pick up my head, he couldn't see me like this. I felt him sit next to me against the wall on the floor and pull me into him and I wrap my arms around him almost instantly. "A, talk to me." He said as his hand met my hair. "I can't do this" I told him, still hiding my face. "Don't you dare talk like that." He told me while putting his hand under my chin forcing me to look up at him. He wiped the tears that had fallen, "hey, you are doing great, even if you don't think so, you are. When your up there, and you start to get nervous, just look at me." He spoke softly. "I don't  know Daveed, I'm doing pretty horrible. I don't think I will be ready for Friday." I told him. Friday was my first performance as Laffayette and Jefferson and scared was an understatement. "Don't talk like that, you were chosen to have this role for a reason. You are going to go out there and kill it." He said staring into my eyes, oh boy here we go again. Suddenly we hear a loud "Guys I found them!" Coming from Anthony and Leslie but we don't look, we continued to gaze at each other until we heard "August we need you back to stage please." Over the intercom. I gave Daveed a worried expression and he smiled, "hey remember, just look at me, relax, and everything is going to be fine." He said and I gave him a tight hug which was returned by him holding me tightly. "Thank you d, I really needed that." I said and quickly pecked his cheek and walked out to the stage.

Daveeds POV

I was watching August run through Guns and Ships for a good 30 minutes. She looked drained and frustrated, she wasn't doing bad.  I hear Thomas tell her to take a break for them to run through One Last Time and thankfully I wasn't in this number so I could go catch up with August. I watched as she bolted off the stage and I quickly followed. I thought she would be in the kitchen finding water but then I heard a door slam and a very loud scream. I went down the hall trying to investigate only to hear sobs coming from inside of her dressing room. I open the door to see her sitting on the floor in a ball crying. "Sunshine, what's wrong?" I asked. No answer. I walked over to her and sat on the floor pulling her into my chest and wrapping my arms around her. "A, talk to me." I said softly and started playing in her hair. "I can't do this." She said while still burying her face into my chest and putting her arms around my torso. "Don't you dare talk like that." I told her while picking up her chin. I wiped the tears that were rolling down her cheeks at a steady stream. This absolutely broke my heart, feeling her shake uncontrollably and in tears, I can't stand to see her like this. " hey, you are doing great, even if you don't think so, you are. When your up there and you get nervous, just look at me." I told her trying to relax her more. "I don't know Daveed, I don't think I will be ready for Friday." She said still looking up at me. Friday Lin wanted her to perform for Laffayette and Jefferson. "Don't talk like that, you were chosen to have this role for a reason. Your going to kill it." I told her earning a small smile. We sat there. Her head in my hands, gazing into each other like earlier this morning. Should I kiss her? I definitely want to. "Hey guys we found her!" We hear from Anthony and Leslie call from the door but we didn't care, we continued our moment. "August we need you back to the stage please." Was announced over the intercom. She looked at me terrified, "hey remember, just relax, look at me, and everything will be alright." I told her and she hugged me tightly. Her hugs were so comforting, I never wanted to leave. "Thank you d, I really needed that." She said and quickly pecked my cheek and started to head to the stage. Oh my god. She just, she rea- "ooohhhhh!" I heard being called from the hallway only to still see Anthony and Leslie standing there with smiles plastered on their faces. "I hate you guys." I told them as I stood up to walk out. "You know you love us Diggs!" "Let me know when the wedding is!" I hear the boys yell as I walk out toward the stage with a beet red face. God what is this girl doing to me.