•*Chapter 32*•

I R I S

School was now over and I filled Gemini in on everything that happened. Excluding the mafia bits of course. But I also realized that every time I mentioned Lorenzo, she would get all flustered and red.

I'd have to investigate later. You know, when my brothers don't hate me.

So now I was in the car and to say it wasn't awkward would be a lie. I was in the back with Lorenzo, who made it his mission to stay as far away as possible from me. Emilio was driving this time and Mateo was in the passenger seat listening to some music on his phone.

I tried to count cars or something, anything that would make me feel better about the situation. While I stick by what I said about me being suffocated, Lorenzo did make some pretty good points. But the conversation I was dreading was about to happen. Since we just got home.

"Alejandro wants you in his office." Mateo said before coming out of the car. Lorenzo and Emilio came out immediately, leaving me in the car by myself. I sighed deeply and stepped out of the car, making my way inside and into the lion's den.

When I got to Alejandro's office though. It was empty. But I heard some music coming from the other side of the hallway. I followed the melody and it lead me to what I presume is the music room.

The instruments giving it away.

In the middle of the huge room, sat a majestic grand piano. And playing it was none other than Alejandro. I never properly learned how to play the piano, but I play by ear. So if someone sang a song I could play just by listening to them. But only the basic keys with my right hand. Nothing big.

But Alejandro. It was as if he was trained for his entire life, which he probably was. He let his fingers guide him blindly, literally since his eyes were closed. His posture was immaculate as he fondled the keys of the instrument. I didn't know whether to disturb him or sit on the floor and clap. So I just decided on leaving. But as I turned to walk away;

"Iris."

Of course he would know I'm in here without even turning around. Typical psychic Alejandro.

I made my way inside and sat on the beanbag beside him. He shut the lid of the piano and turned his body to face me.

"Wanna tell me what happened?" He asked. I shook my head no. He sighed.

"Ok how about this? Tell me what happened, Iris." He said, looking directly in my eyes. I let out a shaky breath before closing my eyes and calming down. I opened my eyes and started explaining.

"I was under the Oak tree having lunch when Dean walked up to me. We hugged and began talking. I accidentally told him it was my birthday and he realized I was sad about it so he sang me happy birthday. We laughed and everything but then he had to go. So I was hugging him goodbye when Mateo came and saw." I finished. Alejandro simply hummed and leaned forward so that his elbows were on his knees.

"Obviously it wasn't the first time you two have met. Based on what you told me and also what Mateo told me, you two have definitely been acquainted before. Care to explain?" He said. I sighed again before talking.

"My first day back after the fight, people were talking about me and pointing and stuff. I got really mad and told them to shut up. Dean heard and came to tell me I had balls or something like that. Then he introduced himself and we started talking and he told me he'd see me soon." I said. "The second time we spoke is when we exchanged numbers."

I wasn't scared to tell him about the numbers because I knew for a fact that he already knew. He did say he spoke with Mateo. He nodded his head before he got up and started pacing.