•*Chapter 6*•

I woke up to the creaking of my bedroom door, but I was too tired so I never moved.

"Iris, you need to wake up bella." (Beautiful)

There was only one person who hasn't been horrible to me. So I guess it was Luca.

He called my name twice more, but I laid still. I really wasn't in the mood to deal with any of my brothers today, even Luca. He's not gonna choose some 13 year old he just met over his brothers. So I'm not gonna fall for his act. They just want me to trust them so it's easier for them to hurt me, but they don't know that I've been through all this before.

I then felt a weight beside my stomach. I still laid still, but then he started to stroke my head. It was so comforting that I couldn't help but lean into his touch. That earned me a giggle from Luca, but he still thought I was asleep. He continues to play with my hair, twirling a lock on his finger.

"If only gumdrop, you knew how much I love you." He whispered in my hair, placing a tender kiss on my head afterwards.

Wait? Gumdrop?

I sat up faster than flash on steroids, startling Luca in the process. I would apologize, but we've got a bigger case Sherlock.

"Did you just call me, g-gumdrop?"

Please say no. Please say no.

Luca's face fell. He obviously didn't mean for me to hear that. And that means he did call me gumdrop.

"Iris, we should have this discussion when all six of us are together. I can't explain everything by myself and it would be unfair to exclude your brothers out of such important matters. Anyways I came to call you down for breakfast." He said.

I wonder if..........never mind. That's silly.

I told Luca I would be down soon and started getting ready. I had a shower, brushed my teeth, washed my face and threw my still wet hair into a messy bun. I threw on black leggings and a crop top that said, "but first, coffee."

I was about to leave when I remembered I would call Solyna today. So I made my way back to my bed and took my phone, dialing the familiar number.It rang once before it was immediately answered, revealing the voice I've missed so much.

"Iris Elena Nirvana Miranda Patricia Starrkeisha Garcia. I'm going to find you and murder you then give you the biggest fucking hug you fucking twat. You're fucking dead when I see you bitch ass hoe. How could you disappear like that?"

That, everybody is my best friend Solyna Gonzales!

"Solyna calm down! I've only been gone for a little over 12 hours. A...." I tried to explain. But of course Solyna being Solyna wasn't having that.

"Gone?! What the fuck do you mean gone? Iris I told you that you wouldn't have to run away! Now who am I gonna talk to without eventually having to get rid of a body?"

"Solyna! Breath! I didn't run away, but I'm not coming back." I felt like shit at this very moment.

"Iris, why?"

And I explained everything. With a few interruptions of course. To say she was shocked was an understatement. She started cursing in Italian, and she only does that when she's pissed.

At this point we were just catching up, but of course our reunion was cut short by Luca calling me for breakfast again.

"Rissy, just say the word and I'll come over there." Solyna said. "As much as I'm glad that you're out of that shithole, this doesn't sound any better."

"I just need some time to adjust. I love you." And it was true. She was the only person I love, apart from mom of course but that's different. Solyna has been there since the beginning, and I love her more than anyone.

"Love you too Rissy. Call me later."

And the line went dead.

____________________________🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

I tried not to cry and made my way downstairs. When I did, all my brothers except Mateo were situated at the table, laughing at a joke one of them shared, even Alejandro. I really don't want to interrupt, but I don't want a repeat of yesterday so I went in.

I headed towards the table with my head down taking a seat. I mumbled a quiet good morning, but got nothing in return.

Rude.

I looked up to find all brothers staring at me. Luca, approval, Emilio, was smirking, Lorenzo, also smirking and Alejandro......

Wait. Was that, concern? Was he concerned about me? But it vanished as soon as it came.

"Good morning cat." That was Lorenzo. Cat?

"Oh I called you cat because, you know, you're quite a curious child." He evaluated. How creative.

Emilio and Luca were laughing while Alejandro had a smirk on his face. My cheeks were more than likely flushed right now, and my patience was basically non existent at this point, so I did what I normally did. Retort to anger.

"Only my family calls me nick names."

That was low. But right now I was fuming. And it looked like it worked, because all laughing ceased immediately and Alejandro's smirk was invisible, being replaced with a blank face.

I smirked in victory right before a maid placed food in front of me. It was eggs, pancakes and bacon. And lots of it too. I can't eat all of this! What do I look like? A dinosaur?

The awkward silence was then replaced by the clanking of metals. My brothers began to joke again, and Luca would try to include me but I would just nod my head. I was basically playing with my food at this point, but Alejandro would send me glares which instantly made me eat some more. I was almost done when a voice made all movement stop.

"Good morning, Iris. Or should I say cat?"

Of course. Mateo had to come. And he obviously heard the whole cat conversation. But you know what? I'm not afraid of him anymore. I hope. So I was about to reply but he beat me to it.

"What? Am I not family enough to give you a nickname? Huh, Rissy?"

He's pushing it.

"If you have something to say, say it Iris. Oops sorry, I meant to say gumdrop."

He did it.

He fucking did it.

I slammed my utensils on the table, but kept my cool, which was surprising. The other boys just sat there watching, Alejandro leaned back in his chair with a blank face.

"Excuse me." I never waited for a reply before I left. And I walked right pass Mateo, with my chin up. It never fell any lower, dad would be disappointed if it did. I walked gracefully, exiting the kitchen with pride. I went right up to my room slamming the door behind me.

My thoughts were wild. I could t control the different voices, and that made my head hurt. So I screamed. Louder than I ever have. I was fighting the urge to go in the bathroom and cut. I need to stop. I couldn't. I refuse to.

So how the hell did I end up with the razor in my hand?

But I fought. I put it back and went to lie down, thinking of papa. Papa would make everything better, he would fight these demons for me. But now the demons have an advantage. But I'll fight.

For papa.

A/N:
Double update🥰🥰 This was actually really hard. Like I had writers block for an hour🤣 my head is killing me.

Iris isn't making any progress, and I'm scared. But let's see what happens next time!

See you soon marshmallows❤️!