•*Chapter 9*•

I R I S

I was now on the way home from the hospital in Alejandro's Benz. The same one I drove in when I first met him. He was driving, Luca was in the passenger seat and Mateo and I were in the back. And since our little heart to heart, he hasn't even looked at me. Literally. Emilio and Lorenzo got caught up in traffic from McDonald's and would be meeting us at home with the food. The radio was playing in the background but I visibly cringed when I heard that it was Taylor Swift who was playing. I don't hate her music but she's too peppy for my taste.

I was just about to request a station change when the familiar strumming of a guitar started, indicating the starting of my favorite song. Solyna and I would go to the park, lie down on the grass and share earphones listening to this song. It gave us the peace we both needed in this war zone of a world. The strumming continued for a while before his heavenly voice began leaving me drowning in a euphoric feeling.

"Depression and Obsession don't mix well." he sang. I felt the lyrics pushing their way through my veins, erupting into a waterfall of pure bliss. This song is my best friend and has been since papa died. His voice was my remedy, but mama said that his music poisoned young minds like mine. But I still found ways to listen to X, especially this song.

"Hollywood motels, hell, I think I'm just obsessed with you." he continued melodiously. I couldn't help but tear up. This song was simply beautiful and helped me through times of despair. I couldn't be more thankful for the lyrical mastermind we knew as XXXTentacion.

May his soul Rest In Peace.

The song came to an end and I sighed opening my eyes that I never realized I closed. I was so caught up in the song that I didn't realize Mateo finally looked at me. He was staring deeply in my eyes with an emotion I couldn't put my finger on. Luca was staring ahead of him but he had a slight smile on his face. Alejandro was looking at me through the rear view mirror. He held a look of adoration, but as soon as our eyes met he looked away. Luca was still smiling but then it faded slightly and his eyes held a look of recognition. Almost like he remembered something. Until he finally broke the comforting silence.

"You sound just like her." he said. I guess I was singing out loud, but was too caught up to realize. But sound like who, I wondered. So I asked him. And the response I got was not the one I expected.

"Isabella, Iris. You sound just like your mom."

___________________________🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

We got home to see Emilio and Lorenzo already here setting the table to eat. So here we are, all 6 of us, at the table eating our McDonald's.

"So cat. I heard you have a lovely voice." Lorenzo said. They must've told them about me singing in the car earlier.

"Really? Wonder where you heard that from." I deadpanned. I wasn't in a talking mood because the song brought up a lot of unwanted memories.

"Luca told me. Says you have quite the vocals." He explained. I looked over to Luca and saw him looking at me with a smile. I gave an itty bitty, almost invisible smile back. But Luca must've seen it because he looked down on his food with the smile still on his face.

"Well thanks, I guess." I said.

I was pushing the other half of my burger around but I already ate my fries. I didn't feel like eating anymore. I didn't feel like walking, talking, singing or breathing. I couldn't find it in me to want to be alive anymore. I don't know where it's coming from all of a sudden but I just don't want to live. Not now anyways.

"Iris. Stop picking on your food." Alejandro commanded. "You haven't had a proper meal since you've been here and although I am against this unhealthy junk, it's the closest you will get to a proper meal today as our cooks have the day off. So eat." I glared at him still playing with my burger. I feel sick just looking at the food.