•*Chapter 2*•

Brother? Five?
My head was spinning. When I woke up Alejandro and my mother were standing over me. Alejandro holding a firm look and my mother one of satisfaction.

The nerve of this bitch.

I slowly regained consciousness and saw my bags sitting in front of me. I couldn't believe it. I had brothers?!? And my mother knew? Did she want to tell me? Did dad tell her not to tell me? Wait, why didn't dad tell me when he was alive???? I had so many questions at the moment.

"Iris. Look at me."

There it is again. That voice. So full of authority. But it hits so much different now because I found out it belongs to my brother.

My brother.

"Are you ok?" He asked. I think his name is Alejandro if I remember correctly. Jesus my head hurts!
"Ummm, yeah I'm fine I guess." I really was on the verge of a mental breakdown though.
"Your stuff has been collected from your room. If there's anything else you need before we go, get it now because we're leaving in 5 minutes."
"Who the hell do you think you are? Do you think you can just walk in here and make demands? You are not taking my child away from me!" My mother looked like she was about to cry.

Bitch, please.

"I am Alejandro Garcia, and I do whatever I want. Whether it pleases or disappoints." My said brother replied.
Instantly my mother's scowl turned into a look of fear and shock. Then she turned to me.
"You! I hope you rot in the pits of hell. You're a disgrace! Because of you, your father is dead! All of this! It's because of you! Good riddance you worthless bitch!" Then her hand raised to slap me. I flinched and closed my eyes, ready for the pain to come down on my cheek, but nothing came. When I opened my eyes, I saw my mother's wrist locked in my brother's firm grip.

"Don't. Even. Think about it."
He spoke slowly. Putting emphasis on every single word. Then he turned to me. "Iris, let's go."

You didn't have to tell me twice.

I ran upstairs to my room to make sure she packed everything. I collected some of my pillows and blankets and my stuffed animal that my dad gave me for my 5th birthday. I packed it in my old duffel bag and went back downstairs. When I went down I realized Alejandro was already outside. I saw my mom on the couch with a bottle of Hennessy in her hand.
"Bye momma." I said "I really am gonna miss you." Then she got up and walked over to me. I braced myself to be hit and silently pleaded for my brother to just walk back inside. But what she did next surprised me.

She hugged me.

The last time she did that was at my dad's funeral. My mother hasn't hugged me in 6 years. The action took me by complete surprise and I found myself hugging her back.

"Take care of yourself, figlia (daughter). Mi dispiace ." (I'm sorry)

For the first time in years, I saw a glimpse of the mother I had when my dad was alive. The mother that told me she loved me every 5 minutes. The mother that used to take me shopping and on personal little dates, just the two of us. I missed her.
I pulled back and she went back to her Hennessy. I went outside and saw Alejandro leaning on his car waiting patiently in his phone. When he noticed my presence he leaned off the car and opened the passenger door indicating for me to get in.
I immediately studied the interior of the Mercedes and one word came to mind. Money. Everything was black. Leather and Black.
"Do you have everything you need Iris?" I kept my head down and nodded yes. I realize we haven't started moving so I looked over at him only to see his eyes focused straight ahead.
"I know we just met, so I'm letting you off, but in the future you must always answer your brothers and I verbally. It shows us that you understand everything we say. Understood?"
Not wanting to break the rule I muttered a weak, raspy, yes.
Then he finally left my childhood home. Forever.

___________________________
💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘

After the most awkward half hour of my life, we pulled up to a mansion that would put the White House to shame.
To say the house was beautiful was an understatement. It has four stories, and is made out of mostly glass and wood, which gave off a really modern vibe. There was a gorgeous water fountain right in the middle of the driveway in the shape of two diamonds intertwined with each other. It was absolutely breathtaking. These people had to be rich to live in a place like this. I didn't belong here.

Alejandro took out my suitcases and duffel bag and led me to the front door, which wasn't locked. When he opened it, I felt my heart stop.
Inside was even more gorgeous than the outside! In the middle of the gigantic hallway, was the same intertwined-diamond statue, also a winding staircase that led to the first floor. Beside the golden embellished doors, was an alarm system and a key rack. The walls were a deep brown, my guess is it's wood, and the tiles were brown marble.

When I was done gawking at the place, I finally met Alejandro's gaze. He was staring at me the whole time, with a small smirk playing on his lips.
"Like what you see?" His voice laced with amusement.
Remembering the verbal rule I choked out another intimidated yes. God Iris, don't show him you're scared!
"Before I show you to your room, you will be introduced to your brothers. All of them are aware of you arrival."
Did my brothers know about me the whole time? I was just about to ask him when he shouted, " i ragazzi scendono qui!" (Boys, get down here!). After a few seconds I heard doors slam and footsteps trudge race down the staircase.

Oh dio!