•*Chapter 5*•

I would fake a panic attack, but that wouldn't be doing any good. After Alejandro told me to come with him to his office, I felt my heart at my feet. The only good thing about this is that this means that I might be able to go through those damn gates that caused this whole shit show. But I realized we were heading in a whole different direction which almost made me groan out of frustration.

We came to a stop at a brown, oak wood door. A gold plate with the word capo (boss) was on the top. I was gonna
ask why it said that and what was he the boss of, but I had a feeling I was in no position to ask questions at the moment.

Alejandro opened it and stepped aside, indicating me to go in. I looked up at him ready to reject but one hard glare from him shoved that question back down my throat. I had a seat at the big mahogany table situated in the middle of the huge room, followed by Alejandro who sat in front of me holding eye contact the entire time.

Alejandro's cold voice knocked me out of my thoughts.

"Iris, let's have a little talk." I knew it was coming but I wanted to avoid that shit like the fucking plague. Alejandro wasn't one to sugar coat shit, so I'm definitely not looking forward to this "little talk".

"So sorellina (little sister). Tell me what happened a while ago, cause that was very unexpected."

Ok. Now I need to figure out a way to lie smoothly.

"Oh, nothing. Just a little shaken up from earlier, that's all."

Smooth Iris. Real smooth.

"Iris, I cant force you to tell me what went on in that house and I can't force you to trust me. But if you continue with this behavior you will be dealt with accordingly." He replied. "So I suggest you stop lying ."

His tone was threatening but I refused to spill my entire life story to a stranger that I just met; brother or not. Where was he when our mother bitched me around like some fucking slave? So I decided to stick to my lie.

"I am telling the truth. Panic attacks can do a number on someone's head." I retorted. I'm a really horrible liar if it isn't obvious. Even though I had to lie my entire life.

Alejandro got up, and without breaking eye contact, made his way around his table, stopping directly in front of my chair. He kneeled down in front of me, eye leveled with me and spoke.

"Iris. Elena. Nirvana. Garcia. You should think twice before you decide to lie to me. But I'll let it slide this once because technically, I haven't told you the rules under which you will be living by while you are here." Alejandro said. And yes, I have an Indian middle name. Bite my ass. Or not. I prefer the latter.

Wait. I totally forgot about those.

"Rule number 1. Under no circumstances will you ever lie to me or your brothers. No drinking or smoking, no drugs, your grades must always be high, no talking to boys, no boyfriends and no sex. Always answer verbally like I already explained and always ask permission to leave the house or inform us if you will be home past curfew. And as you already know, you will never, ever, go beyond the black gates. If you do, the consequences will be brutal. Am I clear, Iris?"

Alejandro was a hard man, and these rules were totally unfair. But I was a stubborn bitch.

"Crystal."

____________________________🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

After my little meeting with Alejandro, I went back to my room, only to find a frustrated Mateo sitting on my bed.

"May I help you?" I asked a bit skeptical. I really haven't gotten along with him so well, so to find him here waiting for me left me in a bit of a shock.

"What the fuck went on just now, Iris? Huh? First you say you wish you were dead, then you call your life a living hell! What are you hiding you crazy bitch?" As I heard those word I remembered mom.

Flashback

The glass fell from my hands, shattering into a million tiny pieces. She's not gonna be happy.

Mom came down the stairs, eyes as red as a rose in the spring. She's definitely as high as a fucking kite right now. I tried to clean it up as quickly as possible, but to no avail.

"You crazy bitch! Your gonna fucking pay you sick fuck!"

She grabbed my hair pulling me into the living room. Shards of glass went into my knees through my jeans, but I didn't scream. It would only make it worse.

Once she reached the living room, she held me in place a and started punching me in the face. After a good 3 minutes of that, she transferred her hold to my throat, applying more pressure each second and kicked me in my ribs. She tortured me for an hour until it looked like she finally had enough.

Tears were rolling down my face at an incredible speed, but I made not one sound. She pushed me down on the shabby rug and walked away. But before she did she whispered in my ear,

"It should've been you. You deserved to die."

End of Flashback

No. Way. Not again, please.

Before I could speak I felt my eyes beginning to burn as tears started to form.

When he realized what he said his eyes went wide. He then got up and was making his way over to me. But before he got any further, I put both my hands up to stop him from hurting me. I knew he was gonna hit me I just knew it.

"No! Ple......please d-don't hurt m-me."

At this point I was sobbing uncontrollably. I was waiting for the day that my brothers would realize how much of a burden I am and start to abuse me like mom, but it was sooner than I had hoped.

Mateo stopped dead in his tracks, and put both his hands up in surrender.

"Iris listen, hey, Iris. You need to breath okay? I'm gonna go, and I apologize or whatever, but I'm not getting caught up in your drama. So look, see, I'm leaving so do whatever you want but just forget I was here." He said while leaving, with his hands still up. But when he passed me I heard him mumble, "Don't worry bambina (baby), I'm gonna find the piccolo cagna (little bitch) that hurt you."
And with that he left. Although that warmed my heart, I figured it was just an act. So I ran to the bathroom and did what I haven't done in years.

(Trigger Warning ⚠️!)

I found my purple box that contained my pills and razors. I've never been close to killing myself, but cutting is like my remedy. It allows me to feel free and although I agree it may not be the best way, it helps. I took out one out of the three razors and pressed the cold metal a against my heated skin.

One for mom.
Two for Mateo.
Three for Alejandro.
And four for my daddy.

Cutting was my drug. And I was addicted.

I cleaned my razor and set it back in the box. After placing the box in my cabinet, I crawled into bed, wrapping myself with my blanket and sorrow. Crying myself to sleep. I thought being away from mom would change everything, but I was wrong. I was so fucking wrong. And because of my assumption everything hurts. My head, my arm.

And my heart.

I just want dad back. Whenever I was sad he would buy me a snickers bar, kiss my head and tell me to keep my chin up.

"Chin up Iris. If you ever feel like the world is against you, and trust me you will bambina, just lift your chin up and remember, it will pass. I love you, gumdrop."

I love you too, papa.

A/N:
I know you all probably hate me. But you know what, I hate me too🤣 I'm soooooo sorry for the late update, but my phone screen cracked, and I JUST GOT THE PHONE LAST MONTH!!!!!!! But it's ok cause I'm gonna update again tomorrow! *cue applause*

I cried writing this chapter, it was really emotional. But I stan with Iris, potty mouth and all🤣

See you tomorrow marshmallows❤️!