•*Chapter 1*•

"You bitch!"
I heard it before I felt it. She had slapped me. I refused to cry or else that would only make it worse.

I've gotten used to this. The name calling, the slapping, the constant smell of booze and cigarettes. But I just tell myself that deep down, she still loves me. When my father was alive, she used to kiss me and hug me, I believed that I was everything to her.

I was wrong.

"You're a slut and I hate you. It was your fault! Everything! You did this!" She shouted as she pushed me on the floor. "Rot in hell, you filthy whore."
And with that I was left alone to soak in my own tears and shame.

When I was 7 my dad died in a shooting. It was a drive by, but they shot the wrong person. I witnessed everything. From the moment the bullet hit his head, I was there. Watching in despair at such a tender age, holding on to my favorite stuffed animal, while my father died.

Right. In front. Of me.

To say my mother took it bad was an understatement. She turned to drugs and liquor for comfort and since then, it's like I don't know her anymore. She's been abusive and has been blaming me for the accident ever since. But I would honestly do anything for that woman, cause although I was scum to her, there was a time when she genuinely loved me. And I still love her no matter what.

I heard my phone go off. I saw it on the table and reached over for it. Although I live a poor life, I take care of my stuff. I got this phone for my 7th birthday and I've had it ever since.
The message was from my best friend Solyna (A/n: It's pronounced Soleena.)

Hey Iris! Meet me at the usual spot.

Solyna and I have been best friends for 8 years now. She knows all about my mom and everything and is the most supportive and understanding person ever. I typed a quick sure and went upstairs to get ready. I threw my curly black hair up into a messy bun and threw on some sweats. I'm half Italian so I absolutely love my hair. I put on my sneakers and grabbed my phone to leave. When I was leaving I saw my mom passed out on the couch with an empty flask on the floor beside her. I rolled my eyes but kissed her on the head nonetheless.

When I arrived, I saw Solyna on a park bench waiting for me. "Hey Rissy!" she exclaimed. She's always so perky and happy. Sometimes I wish her personality would rub off on me. I smiled and pulled her into a tight hug. "Hey Lee-lee." I replied. We started talking about everything that was going on in our lives until I took out my phone and saw the time.

Oh shit.

"No no no! She's gonna kill me!" It was already 8:30 but because I was having so much fun, I never even realized that it got this dark.
"I have to go Lee-lee, I'm so sorry." I apologized. "It's ok Rissy, I understand. But just promise you'll text me."
"If I'm alive." I replied. We laughed and she pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I started my journey home not looking forward to what was coming next.

___________________________☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

When I was walking into my driveway, I saw a sleek, black, expensive looking Mercedes. Whoever the hell that is must be loaded. But then I heard glass shatter. I ran inside as fast as I could only to see my mom throwing random objects. But I couldn't even stop her because of who I saw her throwing them at.

This man was tall, with piercing blue eyes and sleek, dark hair. He was in an expensive Armani suit with a black velvet trench coat and a blue tie. He gave off a powerful, important aura. But what caught my attention was:

He looked just like dad.

When my mom ran out of stuff to throw, his eyes flickered to mine. Suddenly, the ground became the most important thing in the room.
"Look at me, principesa."
He spoke so softly, yet so firmly.
So I looked straight into his eyes. No one broke eye contact until my mother spoke up. "Great, this bitch's home!"
As soon as those words left her mouth, mystery man's eyes shot directly towards her.
"If you value your life, you would shut the hell up, and go pack mi sorellina's things." His voice was so smooth, yet so sinister. I was frozen in place as he spoke those words. His hermana? My mother's expression quickly transformed from one of boredom to one of complete and utter fear. She quickly scurried away to what I presume is my room.

My eyes were focused on the floor until mystery man spoke up. "Hello Iris. My name is Alejandro and from now on you'll be living with me."

Wait, what?

"Ummm I.... wha.."

I was speechless. I was moving in with this scary stranger?
"I don't even know you!"
I was close to having a mental breakdown at this point.
"She didn't tell you didn't she." He sighed. Tell me what?
"Principesa, I'm your brother. The eldest out of the five brothers our father failed to mention."
And then everything went black.