Chapter 24 :: Sneak peak of her past

Taehyung had his left hand enclosed around her shoulder as she breathed in his embrace

Taehyung had his left hand enclosed around her shoulder as she breathed in his embrace. They both stood still, hugging each other lightly, while the bedroom was filled with nothing but silence. "Aren't you hungry?" She raised her head from his chest and looked up at him.

A smile died to form on her lips when she saw the pink hue embedding the apple of his cheeks. He cleared his throat and took a step back before scratching the back of his neck with his hand. "I- ye-yeah I am…" He replied in a haste and walked out the room, as if running away from getting caught doing something illegal.

She just looked at his retreating figure with a soft smile until the ringtone of her cell phone broke her trance. Her eyes palpated once she saw the person who was calling her, PD. "What the hell was that y/n?" She heard a strict and complaining voice from the other end as soon as she accepted the call.

"PD-" "You are there to protect him. How could you let him get into an accident?" She closed her eyes, heaving out a silent sigh and let the other person continue. "Mr. Kim called me yesterday. Do you think I can listen to complaints after you fail at your job?!" "Mr. Kim called you? Was he complaining?" She enquired.

"No he didn't….but he had all the rights to complain. You are there to protect his son and still he lands up in an accident. What would you have done if it was a major accident and he would have lost his life-" "I won't let that happen PD. Ever!" She cut him off swiftly, her senses alerting almost immediately.

She was yet to realise the reasons behind her heightened protectiveness regarding this particular human being but all that she was sure about was the lengths she could go to protect him. "I hope you know your job and do that well." She heard her boss, PD, speak from the other side before the call went off.

PD, or most likely Park Daniel, was someone to whom she would always be grateful to. When she was abandoned by her parents, the one who gave shelter to her was him. She still remembers the day when she was wandering around the streets, not a single pedestrian or living creature of earth were her own to call. 

Her blur memory still could recall how the five year kid came in front of a black SUV, unknown to the approach of death until the person decided to give her a new life. Holding the man's finger, she chose the path which he decided for her and brought her to a place where she saw many unfamiliarly familiar faces. Faces which yelled about their loneliness who got a shelter under that person, whom they all grew up to address as PD.

There she met Jungkook, a four year old, big dove eyes kid, whose eyes formed crystals whenever he cried or smiled. That was the first time she smiled in ages, when he called her Noona. Her faint memories also had a special person in there whom she wants to forget but she can't.
Because her past life thoughts always bring back his memories.

"Y/nnn" She came out of her thoughts after hearing Taehyung call for her from downstairs. "Coming…" she yelled back from the room, shaking her head. "Don't think about him….he is already very happy in his life." She sighed before leaving the room to pay attention to the current important person of her life.