Chapter 47 :: Tearful Kisses

Y/n's POV :-

Y/n's POV :-

I was feeling a sharp pain shoot through my right arm where I shot myself. Call me crazy but I don't regret killing Soomi. Not even an ounce!! I don't know how and when so much rage built up in me that I didn't flinch back from taking away her last breaths. Maybe because she hurt him.

I hissed in pain when the injury stung me and squirmed a little in the hospital bed. Opening my eyes slowly, the first thought that crossed my mind was of him.

Where was he?

How was he?

I tried raising my body and sat up straight on the bed, resting my back on the headboard. Calming down my breaths, I slowly dived deep into my thoughts. I know that things were sorted for once and for all, but still, there was an uneasiness growing within me.

Even after being successful in my mission, I wasn't happy. Even after tackling his problems, I wasn't relieved. Because somewhere I knew, Taehyung has started hating me.

I shut my eyes as warm water accumulated in the corners of my eyes. The only person with whom I fell in love with can never be mine. What can be more painful than this?!

It's alright Y/n. It's alright.

"You knew the consequences when you took up the mission." My brain encountered my yearning heart. "But you never thought that you would fall harder for him." My heart fought back and I couldn't help but sigh in sorrow.

Slowly opening my eyes, I got the shock of my life, seeing him stand  close to me, just before my cot.

When did he enter inside my ward? Damn! I didn't even realise. Till when was he standing here?!

I suddenly felt alerted in his presence. It was never meant to be this way though. His presence was either always warm, funny or adorable but never alarming. When I looked back at his eyes, then I realised why I was feeling that way.

His eyes were oozing fire at me. As if that fire would burn me down any moment. The intensity that his red bloodshot eyes held, recited thousands of his miseries to me. His tear stained cheeks spoke volumes of his heartbreak.

But dear, I was also hurting along with you.

I didn't have the courage to say anything and neither was he opening his mouth. It was just us, staring at each other until someone barged inside my ward.

I saw Taehyung's father, Mr Kim enter first and following him entered my boss, PD.

Author's POV :-

"Y/N...." Mr Kim chimed with a small smile as soon as his eyes fell on Y/n. He came and stood beside her bed. "I..." Mr Kim started speaking but felt a lump form in his throat.

His eyes were teary and his hand was still shaking a little but at the same time he was feeling gratitude. "I do-don't know h-how to voice my feelings..." He says while Y/n looked at him, herself feeling a little overwhelmed.

A small gasp escaped her lips when Mr Kim, involuntarily, kept his palm on her head, in a way, blessing her. "Thankyou Y/n. Thank you so much for saving my son. Thank you for everything that you did, my child." Mr Kim smiled warmly while caressing her hair.

Y/n felt her own eyes tear up. She too couldn't form any words but somehow gulped down her emotions. "It was my job sir." She smiled a little, unaware of how her one statement provoked Taehyung to his core.

Job.....of course!!

"Y/n..." She heard another familiar voice from behind Mr Kim and saw Namjoon and Jimin. "...I am quite shameful for how I behaved with you and I am really sorry for not extending you any support when you tried to contact me." Jimin says, fiddling with his fingers, looking down.

"I still can't believe that Soomi did so bad to us." He sighed, looking up at her. "I am genuinely sorry." He completed and Y/n nodded a little, smiling at him. "It's fine Jimin. I hold no grudges against you."

Namjoon too came and stood in front of her, giving her a bouquet of flowers. She looked evidently surprised at his chivalrous gesture but nonetheless accepted the flowers while Namjoon smiled nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"Umm..." His eyes moved from her to the floor several times. "...Just .....get well soon." Y/n flashed a quick smile at him and nodded her head. "We will take your leave for now....rest well." Mr Kim spoke this time and the rest nodded.

Y/n looked at PD for a brief moment and felt happy within seeing him nod at her. After living with him since childhood, his actions were somewhat readable to her. After a successful mission, if he was quiet and composed, it meant he was satisfied and learning this, Y/n was also satisfied.

"Taehyung-ah...you should also rest up dear." Mr Kim directed towards Taehyung, who was stiff and silent all this while. He simply nodded, without uttering anything while Y/n looked everywhere but him.

Everyone left the hospital ward and Taehyung trailed behind them slowly. Y/n's eyes were now stuck at his back, seeing him walk away, feeling a stinging pain in her heart as he didn't speak to her. At all.

As everyone left the ward, Taehyung stood at the threshold and looked back at Y/n, who was still looking at him. He could see her eyes tear up but his own tears were at the brim of his eyes.

None spoke anything, just shared a long eyelock until Taehyung gritted his teeths hard and rushed back towards her cot. Y/n blinked her eyes as her heart started pacing seeing him walk closer to her.

Before she could contemplate anything else, she was pulled towards him by her neck and his bruised but warm lips crashed against her soft and plump ones. His move was so sudden and unpredictable that the flowers she was holding fell down from her hands to her lap.

Taehyung sat before her on the bed, holding her neck and pulling her closer while sucking her lower lip before capturing her upper one while her injured hand held his shoulder for support and the other hand moved slowly from his chest towards his mane, moving her fingers through his silky hair.

Tears slid down from both of their eyes as they kissed each other like mad people, holding each other as if their life and breath depended on them. "I fu*king hate you so much!!" Taehyung mumbled in the kiss which was well heard by her.

She, instead, deepened the kiss more, yearning for his warmth and he didn't feel like leaving her even for a second, contradicting his own statement. Both were shedding tears but kissing each other, pulling each other as close as possible, even not letting air pass through them.

______________________________________

Drop your reviews 🤗💜