Chapter 44 :: The Betrayal

His eyes gazed towards the far end of the wall as he lost the time, thinking about everything that Soomi revealed to him just a few hours ago

His eyes gazed towards the far end of the wall as he lost the time, thinking about everything that Soomi revealed to him just a few hours ago. No matter how much he tried, neither he was able to register the truth nor was he able to stop himself from hearing Soomi's yells again and again.

"She is a motherf*cking spy and not your fu*king wife!!!"

"Your father hired her darling….she never married you because she loved you but because she was paid to do so."

"You were a deal to her!! A mere deal!!"

"You are such a hopeless romantic and a weak person that you fell for her and didn't even get to ever know her secrets!!"

Taehyung's face scrunched up in pain, but not because of the chains that were tying him to the chair but because of the betrayal he faced. Though his wrists were slightly bleeding, he could feel his heart bleed more tremendously.

"You were a deal to her!! A mere deal!!"

"No!!!!" This time he couldn't stop his tears from flowing down his cheeks. "Nooooo!!" He yelled out, writhing around his place but to no avail. Neither was he able to free himself from the clutches of the metallic chains nor was he able to free his heart from the clutches of the pain.

||

"Noona calm down! We will find him out." Jungkook placed a comforting hand on Y/n's shoulder but her heartbeats didn't bother to come back to normal. "I don't trust Soomi. What if-..." She halted from speaking before looking at Jungkook with fear in her eyes.

Jungkook retrieved his hand slowly from her shoulder as he looked at Y/n amusingly. Never has he seen her so scared before, regarding any mission. This is the first time he is seeing her so vulnerable, shaking her legs, shivering a little, biting on her lips, getting anxious with every second that was passing by.

"Noona…" Jungkook's whisper fell into deaf ears as Y/n scooted out of the car as soon as the vehicle stopped in front of Soomi's place. They had to forcefully barge inside her apartment as it was locked.

Yoongi followed them from behind, well understanding Y/n's situation as she rummaged through her apartment, in hopes of finding any slightest clue of his whereabouts. "This…" She looked at two mugs of coffee, out of which one was completely untouched and the other one was half empty.

"She must have spiked his coffee to kidnap him." She breathed out as her jaws clenched in sheer anger this time. She felt like strangling Soomi to death right on this tea table but for that she needed to reach up to her first.

"Don't leave an ounce of this apartment untouched, I am sure we can find something interesting." Yoongi instructed as excitement gripped his veins as his detective self was brought to life after a longer period of time.

After shuffling through different cabinets and drawers of her apartment, Jungkook squinted his eyes, finding a hazed and tapered photograph which was buried beneath stacks of books and files. The people in the photograph looked oddly similar to him.

"Noona…" He called out, grabbing Y/n and Yoongi's attention as they left what they were doing before rushing towards him. The picture had two guys and a girl in between with a few other people standing behind them, posing for a group picture, showing their arms.

"This is Kang Heok Dwa undoubtedly and she looks like Soomi but who is this guy…??" Jungkook spoke, puzzled while forwarding the picture to her. "They are flaunting their identification tattoo." Y/n murmured, keenly observing the picture, while her gaze moved around the third person who looked familiarly unfamiliar to her.

She squinted her gaze, trying hard to clear the face of the guy in the photograph until something struck her brain and she widened her eyes in realisation. "No way!!" She breathed out, looking at Jungkook and Yoongi with wide eyes as the two stood puzzled.

||

"How long are you going to starve yourself baby?" Soomi came back again inside that dimly lit room, much to Taehyung's irritation as he was still sitting in the same position, tied up like a cattle. "You look so weak." She pouted, faking concern which made Taehyung visibly cringe on her antiques.

"Baby…" Soomi slurred, bending closer to him as he looked towards his left, not wanting her any closer to him. She smirked before tilting her head and holding the either side of the handle of the chair.

"Is my baby angry with me?" She laughed, making faces while Taehyung kept mum, gritting his teeths from time to time. He wanted to slap her across her face but also wanted to never touch someone like her.

It was until Soomi forcefully grabbed Taehyung's collars, wanting to kiss him that he couldn't hold himself back and spit on her face making her stumble back. "You!!" She scrunched her face in disgust and raised her hand before landing it straight on his left cheek making his head turn right.

"HOW DARE YOU KIM TAEHYUNG?!?" She yelled like a maniac, cleaning her face as he smirked a little, ignoring the stinging sensation which he felt on the corner of his lips, realising that it might have left a cut.

"Why? You wanted to taste my saliva, didn't you Soomi? Then why is it disgusting you now?" He flashed his teeths, blinking his eyes in fake innocence. "YOU!!!! YOU PATHETIC CREATURE!!" She held his collar, jerking him in the process.

"Pathetic here is you, not me." He spat, without any fear. "At Least I don't get scammed in the name of marriage Mr…" Soomi played dirty as she pushed him back while he fell short of words.

She threw a last look at him before angrily walking out of the room while he slouched back on the chair, forming heavy tears on his eyelids as Soomi's words struck him badly, while the thoughts of Y/n never left his brain.

Why did you do this to me Y/n?

Your betrayal is more painful than your rejection.

||

Sitting casually on the lavish sofa of Taehyung's living room, he lit up a cigar and started smoking puffs of satisfaction as he laughed lightly at the foolishness of his boss.

His smiles of victory though didn't last long as he heard footsteps behind him. Turning around, he saw Y/n, standing with her arm folded back, looking at him. He immediately put off the cigar before bowing down to her.

"Good evening ma-" He couldn't complete his entire statement as a hard punch landed on his nose and he felt his body jerk back while his nose started stinking immediately, forming a bruise.

"Ma-Mam??"

"SHUT THE F*CK UP CHOI MINHO!!!"

______________________________________

What do you guys think about this update?? 😃

Do comment your thoughts ☺️💞

I know most of you might be confused about this entire Choi Minho part.... please read chapter 6  to recall....🥺👉👈

I know it's my fault! Because of my late updates you guys are failing to cope up with the story 😭

Sorry 😔💗

Just know that author loves you all🥺❤️