Chapter 30 :: No Tears

An eerie silence prevailed in the living room of Taehyung's mansion as he sat on the single sofa with folded arms, leaning back while glaring at Jungkook with squinted eyes

An eerie silence prevailed in the living room of Taehyung's mansion as he sat on the single sofa with folded arms, leaning back while glaring at Jungkook with squinted eyes. Jungkook sat across from him, on the other single sofa, opposite to him, exactly the same way as him. The coffee table was what separated them.

Jungkook lowered his head, intensifying the deadly eyelock with him and Taehyung didn't take even a single second more to copy his action. "Jeon Junbook-ssi!" He called out his name with a serious tone. "One more time you take my name wrong and I will break your head into two halves." Jungkook smiled at him innocently as if he didn't just talk about hitting him right there.

"I am trying okay. Your name is just….weird." Taehyung subtly gulped at his warning but spoke with a nonchalant shrug. "Just say that you are jealous because I have an unique name but you don't." The man in front of him smirked, his long dark hairs bouncing as he tilted his head. "Remind me again why I am seeing you here in my place." Taehyung poked his inner cheek with his tongue at Jungkook's comebacks.

"Because Noona told me." He replied curtly. "That Noona of yours!" Taehyung gritted his teeths, muttering under his breath. His jaws tightened remembering how Y/n leaded him on at first only to ditch him in the middle of everything. "And exactly why did she leave you behind? Why the hell am I bearing you?" Taehyung whined.

"Don't you understand why I am here? To look after you in her absence. And guess what? I am bearing you, not the other way round." Jungkook directed towards Taehyung who immediately jumped up from the sofa, pointing out a finger at him. "And that's exactly why you cannot harm me in any way." He grinned. For exactly no reason.

"And does your Noona think that I am a baby who needs someone to look after me? No! So you can leave." He spoke again, showing Jungkook the door. "Huh!" Jungkook snickered. "You can't even fight me in arm wrestling. So yes. You are a babbbbyyy…." He dragged the last word, irritating Taehyung who started huffing slightly.

"You think I can't fight you?" He raised his brows, his head tilting to the left while his voice deepened. "N-O. No." Jungkook spelled each word to him. "Okay…" Taehyung nodded slightly before rubbing his hands. "Let's see." He smirked at Jungkook who nodded his head, understanding his gesture.

He sat down on the carpeted floor, on one side of the coffee table while Taehyung sat opposite to him. They gave each other a brief glare, their faces dripping with confidence and sarcasm for themselves and each other respectively. Jungkook kept his elbow on the table and beckoned Taehyung to bring his hand to which he complied.

For one moment, Taehyung doubted everything when he saw Jungkook's muscles flex up but ignored it because cummon! It's on his ego now. "Since you were injured before….so I will go easy on you." Jungkook mocked at him. "As if!" Taehyung scoffed and muttered under his breath but nonetheless held his palm, hyped up to wrestle him down.